Subject: 24.4; host command in sql-oracle

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 21:39:36 +0200

=====================================================
Following issue in "sql-oracle" appeared with Emacs 24.4.1 on Windows. No problems with 24.3.1 on Windows.

When entering the "host" command in the SQL buffer, the prompt is not
displayed on operating system level (cmd in Windows). Each following
<return> command displays the prompt and jumps to the next line.

"New" behavior:

SQL> host
Microsoft Windows [version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.

exit ;; prompt is missing, only displayed after the <enter> command
c:\Users\jean-louis\AppData\Roaming>exit

SQL> 

Expected behavior:

SQL> host
Microsoft Windows [version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.

c:\Users\jean-louis\AppData\Roaming>exit
exit

SQL> 
=====================================================

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-10-24 on LEG570
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/usr'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: FRA
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
= = = = = = = <return> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <up> <up> <backspace> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> = = 
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = <right> <wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <wheel-up> 
<double-wheel-up> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <wheel-up> 
<double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<wheel-down> <wheel-up> <wheel-down> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <Message> <Send Message> <up> 
<up> C-SPC C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n M-w M-x s e n SPC SPC <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> e m a SPC b SPC 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
s e n SPC SPC <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
s e n SPC SPC <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> b g <backspace> u g SPC SPC <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> SPC g SPC r e p SPC SPC C-g C-g C-h a b 
u g <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-x j C-g C-g C-x k <return> M-x r e p o 
r t SPC e SPC SPC <return>

Recent messages:
Sending email 
Sending email done
Sending...done
Mark set
Saved text from "Following issue in "sql-oracle" appeared"
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
Making completion list...
Quit [2 times]
Type C-x 4 C-o RET to restore the other window.  
C-x j is undefined
Quit [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(network-stream starttls tls mailalias smtpmail auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core password-cache pp shadow
sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr mail-utils apropos whitespace help-mode misearch
multi-isearch sql view thingatpt comint ansi-color ring server info
todo-mode cl-loaddefs cl-lib timeclock icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs smie image-file
saveplace tsdh-dark-theme paren delsel cus-start cus-load time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 164727 34234)
 (symbols 32 23704 0)
 (miscs 32 143 440)
 (strings 16 30114 8253)
 (string-bytes 1 891368)
 (vectors 8 23059)
 (vector-slots 4 1303474 31780)
 (floats 8 93 689)
 (intervals 28 5639 139)
 (buffers 508 21))