Subject: Re: bug#20285: 25.0.50; blink-cursor-mode sometimes stops blinking

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 16:30:06 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Well, I set the counter to zero and then measured ~60 seconds.  In
>> that time, there were 783 redisplays IIRC.  That gives an average of
>> 13.05 redisplays per second.
>
> If you had a latex subprocess running, every chunk of output received
> via the process filter probably caused a call to redisplay.

That would explain things.  But why does that trigger a redisplay?  The
buffer receiving the output hasn't been displayed in a window.

>> Ok, I'll try that out.  I'll also try out the 0.53 interval to check if
>> that cures the issue for me, too.
>
> How 'bout something smaller than 0.5 (e.g. 0.45)?

I've tried both 0.53 and 0.45 and haven't been able to reproduce the
hang.  But I haven't tested long enough to tell if that really solves
the issue.

Bye,
Tassilo