Subject: bug#20285: 25.0.50; blink-cursor-mode sometimes stops blinking

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 22:52:12 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > Maybe we should have a mechanism to force redisplay once in a while
>> > even if Emacs has something to do, and blink-cursor-mode could then
>> > activate that mechanism.
>> 
>> I can't read your brain but wouldn't it be possible (but unlikely)
>> that this mechanism always forces a redisplay when the cursor is in
>> the invisible state?
>
> Not if the time interval is chosen as to make the probability of this
> low enough.

Yes, but what if different things request different redisplay intervals?
E.g., `blink-cursor-mode' requests an interval of 1.25, and some other
thing requests an interval of 1.0?  1.0 is a bad interval for b-c-m's
sake, so that mechanism can't just use the shortest interval.

Bye,
Tassilo