Subject: Re: bug#20256: 25.0.50; css-mode: filling multi-line comments

From: Simen Heggestøyl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 21:08:06 +0200

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 6:09 PM, Stefan Monnier 
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Would you like to do it?  I think all it would take is to move the 
> code
> there, set it in prog-mode (so that modes that derive from prog-mode 
> get
> to use this new code by default) and then make a few random tests in
> various major modes (mostly those that don't themselves set
> fill-paragraph-function).
> 
> BTW, could add a couple tests to test/automated, to try and make
> sure your use-case is remembered?

Sure! Unless it's time-critical to get this done. My spare time
varies, but if I can do it in my own tempo, I can surely look into
it. :)

I've already spotted out js-mode as a candidate to make use of the new
code. It's currently borrowing comment filling code from cc-mode,
which results in bugs such as #19399.

-- Simen