Subject: Re: bug#20245: 24.5; c++-mode font-lock broken by the last commit to emacs24 branch

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: 2 Apr 2015 12:48:46 -0000

Hello, Oleh.

In article <[email-masked]> you wrote:
> Hi, Alan.

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> In article <[email-masked]> you wrote:

>>> The font-locking of at least C++ headers was broken in "d69e9f1".
>>> Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/eT6X3hP.png. You can see three
>>> artifacts there. They change number and location when I scroll.

>> This was fixed very recently in the master branch.  Would you please try
>> the same file in master to confirm that the fix is a fix.

> I just tried "23bb07e", the latest commit on master, but this issue isn't fixed.
> The include statements look the same as in the screenshot.

That's a pity.  It looks like there's a separate problem with the "fix"
from February.

Is there any chance you could send me a copy of the file which triggers
the bug, a description of exactly what you do to see it, and (unless you
start from emacs -Q) a copy of your CC Mode configuration (generated by
C-c C-b)?

Thanks!

> Oleh

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).