Subject: bug#20241: 25.0.50; `setq' with only one argument

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 21:19:47 +0000

Evening, Artur.

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 04:38:37PM +0000, Artur Malabarba wrote:
> > +        (mapc 'byte-compile-form (cdr form))

> Use #' instead of ' please. ☺

:-).  That wasn't my bit of code, I just had to reindent it.  It dates
from a time before using #' became fashionable.  Maybe there's something
to be said for replacing all such uses (or which there are 15) in the
file.

On a more serious note, given how there's potential for `funcall' to
segfault (without my latest proposed fix), perhaps I should go through
the entire byte compiler checking for similar occurrences.

On another note, I've managed to byte compile elpa, and there are indeed
three occurrences of bad `setq's, like you said.  There were
byte-compiler errors (which aborted the compilation) in packages elcs,
and rudel-mode, so there just might be more in there.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).