Subject: bug#20236: 25.0.50; Feature Request: scroll-other-window does not allow setting of scroll function

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 11:10:09 +0100

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> the c-code scroll-other-window functions do not allow specification of
>> the function to be used for scrolling, which means they have problems
>> with other-window modes like Info and PDF-View.  It would be
>> tremendously useful if support for dynamic setting of the
>> scroll-other-window functions would be allowed (based on the mode of
>> other-window). 
>
> Agreed.  Patch welcome.

Hm...  I don't think modes explicitly define a scrolling command -- they
just rebind <next> etc?

So for this to work, we'd have to introduce a scroll-command variable
that buffers could set locally, and then have scroll_command call that
instead of doing its thing if it's set?

Anybody have an opinion here?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no