Subject: bug#20233: closed (Re: bug#20233: 24.5rc1; tramp error opening file)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 17:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#20233: 24.5rc1; tramp error opening file

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20233: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20233
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20233: 24.5rc1; tramp error opening file
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: David Hull <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 19:32:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.5

David Hull <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes, that patch fixes the problem for me. Thanks!

Thanks for testing, David! I'm closing the bug.

There will be an RC2 of Emacs 24.5, which should contain the fix.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 24.5rc1; tramp error opening file
From: David Hull <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:05:52 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am running the emacs 24.5-rc1 version I downloaded from
http://emacsformacosx.com/emacs-builds/Emacs-pretest-24.5-rc1-universal.dmg

I started emacs with "emacs -Q".  I used tramp to open a remote directory
in dired by typing "C-x C-f /cos6:src/ds-advertiser-server/src/", where
cos6 is the hostname of a VM running on my Mac.  The VM is running
CentOS 6.5.  The dired buffer opened normally.  I then moved the cursor
to the filename "ds_adv_ox3_lineitem_v3.erl" and pressed the Enter key
to open it, and I got the error, "Error copying: `tramp_exit_status 1'".

This works correctly under emacs 24.4.

The directory /var/folders/y9/k3f9vqgn73gf64x8ktywlkd10r0222/T/ on the
Mac exists, and appears to contain temporary files from a variety of
programs.  However, the file
/var/folders/y9/k3f9vqgn73gf64x8ktywlkd10r0222/T/tramp.81932-Q0.erl does
not exist in the directory.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
 of 2015-03-27 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1344
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSDATA: /Users/david.hull/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/etc
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /Users/david.hull/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp:/Users/david.hull/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/leim
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Tramp: Found remote shell prompt on `cos6'
Tramp: Opening connection for cos6 using scp...done
ls does not support --dired; see `dired-use-ls-dired' for more details.
Tramp: Inserting `/scp:cos6:/home/david.hull/src/ds-advertiser-server/src/ds_adv_ox3_lineitem_v3.erl'...
Copying /scp:cos6:/home/david.hull/src/ds-advertiser-server/src/ds_adv_ox3_lineitem_v3.erl to /var/folders/y9/k3f9vqgn73gf64x8ktywlkd10r0222/T/tramp.81932-Q0.erl...
Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell...
Tramp: Process has finished.
Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell...done
Copying /scp:cos6:/home/david.hull/src/ds-advertiser-server/src/ds_adv_ox3_lineitem_v3.erl to /var/folders/y9/k3f9vqgn73gf64x8ktywlkd10r0222/T/tramp.81932-Q0.erl...failed
Tramp: Inserting `/scp:cos6:/home/david.hull/src/ds-advertiser-server/src/ds_adv_ox3_lineitem_v3.erl'...failed
Error copying: `tramp_exit_status 1'

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils dired
tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cl-loaddefs cl-lib cconv eieio-core
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring format-spec advice help-fns
time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 99732 7013)
 (symbols 48 20448 0)
 (miscs 40 44 185)
 (strings 32 21088 4084)
 (string-bytes 1 646140)
 (vectors 16 13719)
 (vector-slots 8 450685 3688)
 (floats 8 265 111)
 (intervals 56 546 158)
 (buffers 960 15))