Subject: bug#20222: closed (Re: bug#20222: 25.0.50; Wrong horizontal position of combining characters)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 18:05:01 +0000

Your bug report

#20222: 25.0.50; Wrong horizontal position of combining characters

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20222: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20222
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20222: 25.0.50; Wrong horizontal position of combining characters
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 19:04:38 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think this bug doesn't exist with HarfBuzz, because it can handle
> these in any order.

OK, since the last update here was five years ago, I'll go ahead and
close this now.

If this is still an issue on Emacs 27. please report back and we can
reopen the bug.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 25.0.50; Wrong horizontal position of combining characters
From: Orivej Desh <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 06:35:26 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The following two hebrew character should have a dot above and to the
left:

- pאֹq (05D0 «alef» with 05B9 «holam»)
- pשׂq (05E9 «shin» with 05C2 «sin dot»)

However, with any font I tried (Cardo, Ezra SIL, Linux Libertine) and at
any font size at least one of them is displayed with a dot shifted to
the right (above «q») in Emacs/GTK2 and Emacs/GTK3, but looks correctly
with the same fonts in other applications (gedit/GTK3, LeafPad/GTK2,
Calligra Words/Qt4).

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.25)
 of 2015-03-29 on orivej
Repository revision: e6127d94746e230f95bdf2ad002e4379474e5a8b
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11601000
System Description:     Funtoo Linux - baselayout 2.2.0

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --disable-silent-rules
 --disable-dependency-tracking --program-suffix=-emacs-25-vcs
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-25-vcs --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-gameuser=:gamestat --without-compress-install
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-acl --with-dbus --with-gnutls
 --with-gpm --without-hesiod --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5
 --with-xml2 --without-selinux --without-wide-int --with-zlib
 --with-sound=alsa --with-x --without-ns --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif --with-jpeg
 --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm --with-imagemagick
 --with-xft --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-x-toolkit=gtk2
 GENTOO_PACKAGE=app-editors/emacs-vcs-25.0.9999-r1 EGIT_BRANCH=master
 EGIT_VERSION=e6127d94746e230f95bdf2ad002e4379474e5a8b
 'CFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe' CPPFLAGS= LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--as-needed'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: POSIX
  value of $LC_CTYPE: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: C
  value of $LANG: fr_OD.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=uim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  text-scale-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Use +,-,0 for further adjustment [5 times]
funcall-interactively: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils face-remap mule-util
time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 79033 3966)
 (symbols 48 18649 0)
 (miscs 40 192 74)
 (strings 32 12397 5211)
 (string-bytes 1 334966)
 (vectors 16 10123)
 (vector-slots 8 402952 7725)
 (floats 8 88 114)
 (intervals 56 248 1)
 (buffers 976 11)
 (heap 1024 25705 1008))