Subject: bug#20222: 25.0.50; Wrong horizontal position of combining characters

From: Orivej Desh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 06:35:26 +0000

The following two hebrew character should have a dot above and to the
left:

- pאֹq (05D0 «alef» with 05B9 «holam»)
- pשׂq (05E9 «shin» with 05C2 «sin dot»)

However, with any font I tried (Cardo, Ezra SIL, Linux Libertine) and at
any font size at least one of them is displayed with a dot shifted to
the right (above «q») in Emacs/GTK2 and Emacs/GTK3, but looks correctly
with the same fonts in other applications (gedit/GTK3, LeafPad/GTK2,
Calligra Words/Qt4).

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.25)
 of 2015-03-29 on orivej
Repository revision: e6127d94746e230f95bdf2ad002e4379474e5a8b
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11601000
System Description:     Funtoo Linux - baselayout 2.2.0

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --disable-silent-rules
 --disable-dependency-tracking --program-suffix=-emacs-25-vcs
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-25-vcs --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-gameuser=:gamestat --without-compress-install
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-acl --with-dbus --with-gnutls
 --with-gpm --without-hesiod --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5
 --with-xml2 --without-selinux --without-wide-int --with-zlib
 --with-sound=alsa --with-x --without-ns --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif --with-jpeg
 --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm --with-imagemagick
 --with-xft --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-x-toolkit=gtk2
 GENTOO_PACKAGE=app-editors/emacs-vcs-25.0.9999-r1 EGIT_BRANCH=master
 EGIT_VERSION=e6127d94746e230f95bdf2ad002e4379474e5a8b
 'CFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe' CPPFLAGS= LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--as-needed'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: POSIX
  value of $LC_CTYPE: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: C
  value of $LANG: fr_OD.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=uim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  text-scale-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Use +,-,0 for further adjustment [5 times]
funcall-interactively: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils face-remap mule-util
time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 79033 3966)
 (symbols 48 18649 0)
 (miscs 40 192 74)
 (strings 32 12397 5211)
 (string-bytes 1 334966)
 (vectors 16 10123)
 (vector-slots 8 402952 7725)
 (floats 8 88 114)
 (intervals 56 248 1)
 (buffers 976 11)
 (heap 1024 25705 1008))