Subject: bug#20202: EMACS=t Joy and Happiness

From: [email-masked] (Phillip Lord)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 22:07:49 +0100

Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
>> I like it because it is future proof, and makes our burden of
>> remembering this issue easier.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> You're welcome. Stefan privately emailed me some helpful comments that
> improved the patch (thanks!), and I installed the attached into
> master. In the hope that this has laid Bug#20202 to rest (at least on
> modern GNU systems running Bash 4.4 or later), I'm boldly closing the
> bug report.

Not wishing to reopen the bug report that you have so boldly closed,
given that this would appear to be a conservative change rather than the
breaking one I was suggesting, any reason why this can't be installed
on emacs-26?

Phil