Subject: bug#20202: EMACS=t Joy and Happiness

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 08:11:25 +0200

Van L <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Paul Eggert writes:
>>
>> this is the most recent RHEL available
>
> You could have your sclerotic institution’s IT manager provide
> Enterprise RHEL for students studying topics as old as the hills and
> mountains (and they won’t change) and request them to “think" about
> the latest unstable Fedora or Debian or Ubuntu releases for research
> oriented experimental AI & CS “work” which are hot career topics and
> ought not to be held back by bureaucratically convenient RHEL IT
> hell. Ask them for what Tesla or Uber or Facebook or Google use to
> keep up with “innovation” before it is "too late" on RHEL.

This is not constructive.

There are even RHEL 6 deployments out there, because it’s still
supported until 2020.  There are people who pay for the privilege of not
having to upgrade.

--
Ricardo