Subject: bug#20201: 25.0.50; server-buffer-clients is not defined in minor-mode help

From: nick caruso <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 13:56:24 -0400

--text follows this line--

On a windows 7 machine, I used the emacsclientw.exe program to edit a
file -- I associated the client with the file type and double clicked
the associated file.  The emacs server was running, and a window popped
up visiting the file I had doubleclicked.
At this point everything is fine.  I left-clicked the mouse on the
"Server" minor mode indicator in the mode line, and selected "help for
minor mode".

At this point a buffer popped up in a new emacs window, containing the
following:
-----------begin buffer contents on next line----------------------
server-buffer-clients is an alias for `server-buffer-clients',
which is not defined.  Please make a bug report.
-----------end buffer contents at end of previous line-------------

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2015-02-17 on KAEL
Repository revision: 16d91bce1d054c45ccd60efd5bd3ff88c12e39bb
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/z/emacs --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-wide-int
 --with-jpeg --with-xpm --with-png --with-tiff --with-rsvg --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-sound=yes --with-file-notification=yes
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-Ofast
 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -g0 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-static-libgcc
 -static-libstdc++ -static -s -Wl,-s''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading paren...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
When done with a buffer, type C-x #
Type M-x delete-other-windows to delete the help window.
user-error: No such node or anchor: Top

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils jka-compr info help-mode cc-mode cc-fonts
easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs help-fns cl-macs cl gv zygospore-autoloads server saveplace
paren cus-start cus-load edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib package
epg-config time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 153904 10314)
 (symbols 56 24917 0)
 (miscs 48 65 96)
 (strings 32 35442 4889)
 (string-bytes 1 1032043)
 (vectors 16 16197)
 (vector-slots 8 465169 2484)
 (floats 8 73 297)
 (intervals 56 306 40)
 (buffers 976 15))