Subject: addpm.c: DdeConnect() without timeout

From: "Dhruva Krishnamurthy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 11:37:15 +0530

Hello,
 I had reported a problem with addpm.exe on W2K. I am building CVS HEAD
 using MinGW-GCC and MSVC6 and face the same problem of addpm.exe getting
 stuck duing "nmake (gmake) install".
I found that it is getting stuck in DdeConnect(). I am not aware of DDE
mechanism but feel we should have a time out. Since "addpm.exe" is trivia
and does not affect the working of GNU Emacs, the install should progress
even if "addpm.exe" fails.

 Also, I noticed "gmake info" failes on MinGW-GCC on W2K. The problem is
 with backslash ("\") in makefile.w32-in at target "info:". Changing it
 to forward slashes "/", fixes this problem.

with best regards,
dhruva
________________________________________
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Proud FSF member: #1935
http://schemer.fateback.com/

_______________________________________________
Emacs-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-devel