Subject: Re: bug#20193: 25.0.50; declarative type specification for D-Bus args

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 16:06:32 +0200

Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

> I was actually not sure about the standard usage of subfeatures, and
> copied the logic from process.c, where they are defined as a plist, so
> they can be tested as:
>
>   (featurep 'make-network-process '(:server t))
>
> instead of:
>
>   (featurep 'make-network-process :server)

featurep has the restriction, that you can test only one subfeature per
call. That's why they have created just one "subfeature", being a list.

> I am working on this, but it is turning to be non-trivial.  So, I have
> pushed it to a separate branch scratch/dbusbind-type-tests, branched off
> from scratch/dbusbind-type.

Fortunately, I had some time to look on this today. I've committed some
changes to dbusbind.c, all of them rather cosmetical. And I'm asking
myself, whether we shall rename `dbus-message-internal' and
`dbus-message-internal-to-lisp' to `dbus--message-*', in order to
emphasize their internal nature.

I have added two tests to `dbus-test04-create-message-parameters', both
fail. The first one must pass; this feature works in the master
branch. For the second new test I'm not sure whether this is possible
(the documentation doesn't speak about), but it looks natural to me.

Could you, pls, check what's up here?

> Regards,

Best regards, Michael.