Subject: bug#20193: 25.0.50; declarative type specification for D-Bus args

From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 16:24:42 +0900

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Sorry, the patch didn't cleanly apply, as I created it with the diff
>> option -w.  The patch now resides in the scratch/dbusbind-type branch
>> for review.
>
> I've reviewed it, looks OK to me. The only thing not working was the
> provided subfeature; I've fixed it in the code.

Thanks for the prompt review.  I was actually not sure about the
standard usage of subfeatures, and copied the logic from process.c,
where they are defined as a plist, so they can be tested as:

  (featurep 'make-network-process '(:server t))

instead of:

  (featurep 'make-network-process :server)

> The same subfeature shall be provided also for dbus.el; users don't
> care about dbusbind.c.

That is a good idea.

> In dbus.texi I have fixed a small error in your example, and I have
> added a note how to test the subfeature.
>
> I've committed my changes to the branch. If nobody else objects, you
> might merge it into master.

Thanks for all the fixups.

>> By the way, for testing, I tend to think there could be a debugging
>> interface, which converts a Lisp expression to a D-Bus message and
>> vice-versa.
>
> Additionally, it might be helpful if you could add some tests to
> test/automated/dbus-tests.el.

I am working on this, but it is turning to be non-trivial.  So, I have
pushed it to a separate branch scratch/dbusbind-type-tests, branched off
from scratch/dbusbind-type.

Regards,
-- 
Daiki Ueno