Subject: Re: bug#20193: 25.0.50; declarative type specification for D-Bus args

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 15:54:17 +0200

Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sorry, the patch didn't cleanly apply, as I created it with the diff
> option -w.  The patch now resides in the scratch/dbusbind-type branch
> for review.

I've reviewed it, looks OK to me. The only thing not working was the
provided subfeature; I've fixed it in the code. The same subfeature
shall be provided also for dbus.el; users don't care about dbusbind.c.

In dbus.texi I have fixed a small error in your example, and I have
added a note how to test the subfeature.

I've committed my changes to the branch. If nobody else objects, you
might merge it into master.

> By the way, for testing, I tend to think there could be a debugging
> interface, which converts a Lisp expression to a D-Bus message and
> vice-versa.

Additionally, it might be helpful if you could add some tests to
test/automated/dbus-tests.el.

> Thanks,

Best regards, Michael.