Subject: 25.0.50; Feature request: Alternative split-window-sensibly functions

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 10:18:04 +0100

With the widescreen displays that are common today, the default behavior
of `split-window-sensibly' is not always too sensible, and of course
what's sensible is determined by the user.  So I'd suggest that some
alternative implementations are provided so that users can easily try
them out to find the one that suits them best.

The problem with `split-window-sensibly' on a wide screen is that it
prefers vertical splits.  The current emacs -Q behavior in a maximized
frame of size 269x82, the first split will be a vertical one.  That's
pretty useless because then you have two windows with nearly 200 columns
of free space right of the buffer contents (assuming that usually most
buffer contents are at most 80 columns wide).

So one trivial alternative sensible window splitting function is given
below.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(defun split-window-sensibly-prefer-horizontal-split (&optional window)
  "Like `split-window-sensibly' but prefer horizontal splits."
  (let ((window (or window (selected-window))))
    (or (and (window-splittable-p window t)
	     ;; Split window horizontally.
	     (with-selected-window window
	       (split-window-right)))
	(and (window-splittable-p window)
	     ;; Split window vertically.
	     (with-selected-window window
	       (split-window-below)))
	(and (eq window (frame-root-window (window-frame window)))
	     (not (window-minibuffer-p window))
	     ;; If WINDOW is the only window on its frame and is not the
	     ;; minibuffer window, try to split it vertically disregarding
	     ;; the value of `split-height-threshold'.
	     (let ((split-height-threshold 0))
	       (when (window-splittable-p window)
		 (with-selected-window window
		   (split-window-below))))))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It's exactly like `split-window-sensibly' except that the
horizontal/vertical clauses are reversed, i.e., it tries a horizontal
split before trying a vertical split.  That version suits my needs a bit
better.

However, it's still not exactly what I really want.  The problem is that
after the first horizontal split I end up with 2 side-by-side windows
where each one is 132 columns wide.  That's still much wider as needed
for most buffer contents but less than `split-width-threshold', so the
next splits will all be vertical ones so that I'll eventually end up
with four windows arranged in a 2x2 grid, each window having the size
132x40.

The "perfect" (for me) window splitting function would acknowledge the
following preferences:

  (1) That version would prefer horizontal splits as above.

  (2) I want either horizontal or vertical splitting but not both, i.e.,
      the layout should always be Nx1 or 1xN windows.

  (3) A window may get split horizontally not if it's wider/taller than
      `split-width-threshold'/`split-height-threshold' but instead when
      its width/height *after* the split followed by `balance-windows'
      is larger than or equal to (/ split-{width,height}-threshold 2).

  (4) The single-window exception of `split-height-threshold' still
      holds, so in frames with just one window a vertical split is
      performed even though that window is actually too small according
      to the rules above.

With that and a maximized frame of size 269x82, I'd eventually end up
with three side-by-side windows each of size 86x82.  When I use a frame
of size 80x82 instead, I'd end up with 2 vertical windows.  Ditto if
it's smaller in height than 80 because of the "single-window" exception.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.15 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.9)
 of 2015-03-24 on thinkpad-t440p
Repository revision: e5ce95fa4a0b311792b9b9dcc3b8901fc1f24a0d
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11701000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-autoresize-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
20150324T080543.864> End of message
20150324T080543.881> End of message
20150324T080543.898> End of message
20150324T080543.914> End of message
20150324T080543.932> End of message
20150324T080543.949> End of message
20150324T080557.600> Exiting summary buffer and applying spam rules
20150324T080557.815> Expiring articles...
20150324T080558.437> Expiring articles...done
Auto-saving...
Quit

Load-path shadows:
~/Repos/el/auctex/lpath hides ~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/lpath
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/md4 hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/md4
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/color hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/color
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/format-spec hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/format-spec
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/password-cache hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/password-cache
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/hex-util hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/hex-util
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/dns-mode hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/textmodes/dns-mode
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/dig hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/net/dig
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/hmac-md5 hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/net/hmac-md5
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/ntlm hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/net/ntlm
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/hmac-def hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/net/hmac-def
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/rfc2104 hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/net/rfc2104
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/sasl-ntlm hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/sasl-cram hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/net/sasl-cram
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/dns hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/net/dns
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/sasl hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/net/sasl
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/tls hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/net/tls
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/sasl-scram-rfc hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/net/sasl-scram-rfc
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/netrc hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/net/netrc
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/sasl-digest hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/net/sasl-digest
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/uudecode hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/mail/uudecode
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/binhex hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/mail/binhex
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/hashcash hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/mail/hashcash
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/canlock hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/canlock
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nneething hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nneething
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mm-encode hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mm-encode
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mm-util hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mm-util
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/rfc2047 hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/rfc2047
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnml hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnml
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-cus hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-cus
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-range hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-range
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-int hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-int
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-cloud hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-cloud
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/spam-stat hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/spam-stat
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnmh hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnmh
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-mlspl hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-mlspl
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/deuglify hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/deuglify
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-gravatar hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-gravatar
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nngateway hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nngateway
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/ietf-drums hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/ietf-drums
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mail-parse hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mail-parse
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-salt hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-salt
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnimap hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnimap
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-draft hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-draft
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mail-source hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mail-source
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/messcompat hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/messcompat
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/pop3 hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/pop3
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnmaildir hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnmaildir
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnheader hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnheader
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-cite hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-cite
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nndiary hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nndiary
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-diary hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-diary
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnfolder hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnfolder
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-art hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-art
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-demon hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-demon
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mml-sec hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mml-sec
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnir hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnir
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mm-partial hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mm-partial
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-registry hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-registry
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-icalendar hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-icalendar
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/compface hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/compface
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-fun hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-fun
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-start hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-start
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/smiley hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/smiley
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-picon hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-picon
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/spam-report hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/spam-report
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nntp hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nntp
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnnil hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnnil
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nndir hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nndir
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-srvr hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-srvr
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/smime hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/smime
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnvirtual hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnvirtual
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-notifications hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-notifications
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnspool hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnspool
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-group hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-group
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-bcklg hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-bcklg
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-util hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-util
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-sieve hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-sieve
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nndraft hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nndraft
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnagent hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnagent
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-spec hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-spec
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-bookmark hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-bookmark
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mml1991 hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mml1991
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/rfc2231 hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/rfc2231
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/yenc hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/yenc
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-undo hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-undo
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/ecomplete hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/ecomplete
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/legacy-gnus-agent hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/legacy-gnus-agent
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/utf7 hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/utf7
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/rtree hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/rtree
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-uu hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-uu
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-ml hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-ml
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/sieve hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/sieve
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mml hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mml
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/message hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/message
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mml-smime hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mml-smime
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-eform hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-eform
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-agent hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-agent
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-logic hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-logic
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mm-extern hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mm-extern
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nndoc hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nndoc
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/sieve-manage hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/sieve-manage
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mm-decode hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mm-decode
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/starttls hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/starttls
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-dired hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-dired
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnbabyl hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnbabyl
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnmbox hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnmbox
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-win hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-win
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-async hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-async
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mm-url hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mm-url
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-html hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-html
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gssapi hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gssapi
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mml2015 hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mml2015
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnrss hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnrss
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-mh hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-mh
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-sum hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-sum
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnweb hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnweb
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mail-prsvr hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mail-prsvr
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnmairix hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnmairix
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/plstore hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/plstore
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/rfc2045 hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/rfc2045
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-msg hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-msg
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/spam-wash hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/spam-wash
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-score hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-score
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mm-uu hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mm-uu
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/spam hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/spam
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mm-view hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mm-view
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/sieve-mode hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/sieve-mode
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/html2text hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/html2text
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-ems hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-ems
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/registry hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/registry
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/auth-source hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/auth-source
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gravatar hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gravatar
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/flow-fill hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/flow-fill
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gmm-utils hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gmm-utils
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mailcap hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mailcap
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-delay hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-delay
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mm-bodies hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mm-bodies
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/mm-archive hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/mm-archive
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/rfc1843 hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/rfc1843
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-kill hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-kill
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/qp hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/qp
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/score-mode hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/score-mode
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-topic hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-topic
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-cache hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-cache
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnmail hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnmail
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-vm hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-vm
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-sync hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-sync
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnoo hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnoo
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/nnregistry hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/nnregistry
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/gnus-dup hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-dup
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/parse-time hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/calendar/parse-time
~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp/time-date hides /home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/lisp/calendar/time-date

Features:
(shadow hippie-exp gnus-fun emacsbug mailalias smtpmail sendmail
filecache shr-color color url-http url-gw url-auth sort gnus-cite smiley
shr dom qp mm-archive gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml hl-line nndraft nnmh
rot13 utf-7 gnutls network-stream nsm starttls nnml nnnil gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-cache gnus-demon nntp
spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc gnus-msg gnus-gravatar mail-extr gravatar
gnus-topic nnir gnus-registry registry eieio-base th-private
company-files company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
highlight-parentheses company finder-inf stratego-mode greql-mode
tg-mode generic preview-latex tex-site auto-loads cider tramp-sh
cider-mode cider-repl cider-eldoc cider-interaction arc-mode
archive-mode cider-doc org-table cider-test cider-stacktrace
cider-client nrepl-client queue cider-util ewoc etags xref clojure-mode
imenu paredit aggressive-indent names edebug epa-file epa epg rdictcc
google-contacts-message google-contacts derived url-cache google-oauth
google-contacts-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source tls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems gnus-compat nnheader em-term term ehelp esh-opt
esh-ext esh-util highlight-symbol boxquote rect ecomplete message rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
edit-server server haskell-yas yasnippet help-mode cl disp-table
pdf-tools cus-edit cus-start cus-load pdf-view jka-compr pdf-cache
pdf-info tq pdf-util image-mode browse-kill-ring recentf tree-widget
wid-edit helm-projectile helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell dired-x dired-aux ffap helm-tags
helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark pp helm-external helm-net
browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap
helm-buffers helm-match-plugin helm-help helm-org org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs helm-grep helm-regexp helm-plugin grep helm-elscreen
helm-utils dired compile comint ansi-color helm-locate helm helm-source
eieio-compat projectile ibuf-ext ibuffer thingatpt helm-config
async-bytecomp async helm-aliases easy-mmode iedit iedit-lib cap-words
superword subword saveplace savehist paren icomplete mb-depth
smart-mode-line-respectful-theme smart-mode-line-light-theme
smart-mode-line mule-util rich-minority dash rx bs windmove winner ring
elec-pair edmacro kmacro gnus-load subr-x tsdh-light-theme info easymenu
memory-usage-autoloads advice help-fns package epg-config cl-macs eieio
eieio-core cl-generic byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq
cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 706236 91834)
 (symbols 48 56469 21)
 (miscs 40 545 942)
 (strings 32 175938 60530)
 (string-bytes 1 5958351)
 (vectors 16 61951)
 (vector-slots 8 1751692 221276)
 (floats 8 963 895)
 (intervals 56 10927 1548)
 (buffers 976 57)
 (heap 1024 119493 5276))