Subject: bug#20188: closed (Re: bug#20188: [wishlist] avoid unnecessary calls to substitute-binary)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 22:24:03 +0000

Your bug report

#20188: [wishlist] avoid unnecessary calls to substitute-binary

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20188: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20188
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20188: [wishlist] avoid unnecessary calls to substitute-binary
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 23:23:19 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> It would be good to avoid unnecessary calls to 'substitute-binary'
> when the needed items are already in the store, e.g.:
>
> mhw@jojen:~$ guix build qt
> substitute-binary: updating list of substitutes from 'http://hydra.gnu.org'...
> /gnu/store/1si4b0cww9xzf23i6krkvr2h3vw67jgz-qt-5.4.1

Indeed.  Fixed in c7d1d88.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: [wishlist] avoid unnecessary calls to substitute-binary
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 01:54:44 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It would be good to avoid unnecessary calls to 'substitute-binary'
when the needed items are already in the store, e.g.:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
mhw@jojen:~$ guix build qt
substitute-binary: updating list of substitutes from 'http://hydra.gnu.org'...
/gnu/store/1si4b0cww9xzf23i6krkvr2h3vw67jgz-qt-5.4.1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

      Mark