Subject: bug#20183: closed (Re: bug#20183: 24.4.91; No resize handle to adjust width of Emacs windows)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 11:09:06 +0000

Your bug report

#20183: 24.4.91; No resize handle to adjust width of Emacs windows

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20183: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20183
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20183: 24.4.91; No resize handle to adjust width of Emacs windows
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: "N. Jackson" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 13:08:41 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 25.1

Bug closed.

Thanks for the report, martin

Subject: 24.4.91; No resize handle to adjust width of Emacs windows
From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 16:15:11 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

There are resize handles to adjust the height and width of an Emacs
frame; and there is a resize handle to adjust the height of an Emacs
window (when there is more than one window tiled vertically
(above/below) on a frame); but there is _no_ resize handle to adjust the
width of an Emacs window (when there is more than one window tiled
horizontally (side-by-side) on a frame.

This can be observed from emacs -Q.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a missing feature.

===

In GNU Emacs 24.4.91.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.9)
 of 2015-03-10 on moondust
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11603000
System Description:	Fedora release 21 (Twenty One)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/nlj/local/ --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3
 -ggdb''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_CA.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Sending...
Mark set [2 times]
Sending via mail...
Sending email 
Sending email done
gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) fatal error: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Sending...done
Checking new news...
Reading active file from archive via nnfolder...done
Checking new news...done

Load-path shadows:
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-gnuplot hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-eshell hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-md hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-shen hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-timer hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-ruby hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-html hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-latex hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-archive hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-org hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-install hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-install
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-latex hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-sass hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-icalendar hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-screen hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-bibtex hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-footnote hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-datetree hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-colview hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-attach hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-mouse hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-dot hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-scala hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-compat hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-core hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-awk hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-makefile hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-macro hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-ctags hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-capture hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-beamer hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-mobile hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-indent hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-lilypond hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-asymptote hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-odt hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-w3m hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-plantuml hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-table hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-ocaml hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-crypt hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-js hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-clojure hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-haskell hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-version hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-version
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-scheme hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-table hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-table
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-C hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-ledger hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-fortran hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-sql hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-loaddefs hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-list hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-list
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-lisp hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-docview hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-eval hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-element hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-element
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-ascii hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-info hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-info
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-css hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-sh hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-sh
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-rmail hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-irc hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-tangle hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-ditaa hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-feed hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-clock hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-habit hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-pcomplete hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-entities hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-io hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-octave hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-faces hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-perl hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-src hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-src
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-protocol hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-man hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-python hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-mscgen hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-texinfo hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-exp hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-inlinetask hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-publish hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-java hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-sqlite hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-mhe hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-org hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-R hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-lob hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-picolisp hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-agenda hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-matlab hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-gnus hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-macs hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-id hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-id
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-keys hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-comint hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-ref hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-bbdb hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-calc hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-emacs-lisp hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-maxima hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-plot hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-plot
~/.emacs.d/modules/emms/lisp/tq hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(mailalias smtpmail help-mode pp shadow bbdb-message mail-extr emacsbug
sendmail nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnimap utf7 gnutls nnfolder parse-time
bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua epa-file epa derived epg netrc network-stream
starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig
nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
mail-utils latexenc preview prv-emacs tex-buf font-latex latex tex-style
tex dbus xml tex-mode compile shell emms-bookmarks emms-cue
emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap emms-streams emms-tag-editor
emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info
emms-info later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate emms-setup emms emms-compat cl-macs gv edmacro
kmacro org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util
org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-w3m org-agenda org advice help-fns org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func bbdb-anniv
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bbdb-com crm
mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs tex-site
csv-mode-autoloads info package recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu
battery time saveplace wheatgrass-theme delsel savehist iswitchb desktop
frameset cl-loaddefs cl-lib cua-base cus-start cus-load time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 413411 44327)
 (symbols 48 54140 0)
 (miscs 40 6139 3267)
 (strings 32 103116 9662)
 (string-bytes 1 3443474)
 (vectors 16 37447)
 (vector-slots 8 730113 11154)
 (floats 8 376 978)
 (intervals 56 3599 0)
 (buffers 960 48)
 (heap 1024 86995 1826))