Subject: Re: bug#20183: 24.4.91; No resize handle to adjust width of Emacs windows

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 18:14:58 +0200

> They can always customize Emacs, to get back those pixels.  The problem
 > of not being aware of such possibilities is a bigger problem, IMHO.
 >
 > And I agree with N. Jackson that this particular affordance
 > is something that is quite common and thus often expected.

That's why I wrote it.  But it was never on our TODO list.  Maybe it is
quite common for Windows users only.  And so far nobody was interested
in porting it to the ns build.

 > [FWIW, I've long been in favor of giving :help-echo or other pop-up
 > help for UI elements a menu item that takes users to either the doc
 > about customizing that element or directly to an appropriate Customize
 > buffer.  In this case, it would mean (a) we show the handle by default
 > and (b) we provide mouseover help with a link that gives you access to
 > the doc you added about this - doc that describes the UI element and
 > tells you how to customize it.]

There seems to be a technical problem with this.  Pop-up help disappears
here as soon as I move the mouse over it.

martin