Subject: 24.4.91; [GTK3] Vertical scroll bar is "indented" from right edge of frame

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:58:35 -0300

Recipe:

    emacs -Q

Expected results:

- The Emacs frame has a vertical scroll bar displayed on the right with
  the right edge of the scroll bar at the right edge of the frame. That
  is, the right edge of the scroll bar is in the same pixel column as
  the right edge of the title bar and menu bar. [In other words the
  scroll bar and the title bar / menu bar intersect in the form an
  inverted L.]

Actual results:

- The Emacs frame has a vertical scroll bar displayed on the right, but
  the right edge of the scroll bar is "indented" from the right edge of
  the frame. That is, the right edge of the scroll bar is a few pixels
  to the left of (the pixel column of) the right edge of the title bar
  and menu bar. [In other words the scroll bar and the title bar / menu
  bar intersect in the form a T.]

Additional information:

- Other programs on my system display their scroll bar properly aligned.

===

In GNU Emacs 24.4.91.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.9)
 of 2015-03-10 on moondust
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11603000
System Description:	Fedora release 21 (Twenty One)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/nlj/local/ --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3
 -ggdb''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_CA.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Auto-saving...done
End of buffer [3 times]
Auto-saving...done
Mark set
Checking new news...
Reading active file from archive via nnfolder...done
Checking new news...done
Quit
byte-code: End of buffer [2 times]
<mouse-6> is undefined [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-gnuplot hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-eshell hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-md hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-shen hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-timer hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-ruby hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-html hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-latex hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-archive hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-org hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-install hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-install
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-latex hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-sass hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-icalendar hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-screen hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-bibtex hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-footnote hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-datetree hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-colview hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-attach hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-mouse hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-dot hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-scala hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-compat hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-core hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-awk hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-makefile hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-macro hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-ctags hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-capture hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-beamer hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-mobile hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-indent hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-lilypond hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-asymptote hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-odt hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-w3m hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-plantuml hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-table hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-ocaml hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-crypt hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-js hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-clojure hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-haskell hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-version hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-version
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-scheme hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-table hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-table
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-C hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-ledger hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-fortran hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-sql hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-loaddefs hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-list hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-list
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-lisp hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-docview hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-eval hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-element hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-element
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-ascii hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-info hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-info
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-css hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-sh hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-sh
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-rmail hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-irc hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-tangle hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-ditaa hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-feed hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-clock hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-habit hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-pcomplete hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-entities hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-io hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-octave hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-faces hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-perl hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-src hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-src
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-protocol hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-man hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-python hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-mscgen hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-texinfo hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-exp hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-inlinetask hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-publish hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-java hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-sqlite hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-mhe hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ox-org hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-R hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-lob hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-picolisp hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-agenda hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-matlab hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-gnus hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-macs hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-id hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-id
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-keys hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-comint hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-ref hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-bbdb hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-calc hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-emacs-lisp hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/ob-maxima hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150309/org-plot hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/org/org-plot
~/.emacs.d/modules/emms/lisp/tq hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-24.4.91/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(help-mode pp shadow bbdb-message mail-extr emacsbug sendmail nndraft
nnmh utf-7 nnimap utf7 gnutls nnfolder parse-time bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua
epa-file epa derived epg netrc network-stream starttls tls gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum
nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils latexenc preview
prv-emacs tex-buf font-latex latex tex-style tex dbus xml tex-mode
compile shell emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser
sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra cconv eieio-core mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars
mailcap emms-streams emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info later-do
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate
emms-setup emms emms-compat cl-macs gv edmacro kmacro org-element
org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m
org-agenda org advice help-fns org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func bbdb-anniv
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bbdb-com crm
mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs tex-site
csv-mode-autoloads info package recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu
battery time saveplace wheatgrass-theme delsel savehist iswitchb desktop
frameset cl-loaddefs cl-lib cua-base cus-start cus-load time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 407007 34517)
 (symbols 48 54014 0)
 (miscs 40 6120 3286)
 (strings 32 102333 10290)
 (string-bytes 1 3412078)
 (vectors 16 37300)
 (vector-slots 8 728116 12129)
 (floats 8 375 282)
 (intervals 56 2915 0)
 (buffers 960 44)
 (heap 1024 86266 1359))