Subject: bug#20182: 24.4.91; [GTK3] Vertical scroll bar is "indented" from right edge of frame

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 18:26:19 -0300

At 16:54 -0300 on Monday 2015-03-23, martin rudalics wrote:

>> - The Emacs frame has a vertical scroll bar displayed on the right, but
>>    the right edge of the scroll bar is "indented" from the right edge of
>>    the frame. That is, the right edge of the scroll bar is a few pixels
>>    to the left of (the pixel column of) the right edge of the title bar
>>    and menu bar. [In other words the scroll bar and the title bar / menu
>>    bar intersect in the form a T.]
>
> I suppose its the hardcoded w = 16 in update_theme_scrollbar_width.
>
> Does anything change if you play around with say
>
> (set-frame-parameter nil 'scroll-bar-width 14)
>
> or smaller values than 14?

Hi Martin,

Yes. Setting scroll-bar-width to 14 reduces the indent. At 13 and at 12
the indent is gone and the window (Emacs frame, that is) looks correct.
And at 11 and 10 and smaller I see the scrollbar being noticably clipped
(it is too far to the right and the right side of it is missing).

I'm guessing there must be a way to get the correct value from the
toolkit rather than hard coding it to 16?

Thanks.

Regards,
Neil.