Subject: Re: bug#20179: 24.4; Crash when S-TAB'ing on Org entry

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 17:52:18 +0200

> From: Sebastien Vauban <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:17:36 +0100
> 
> For weeks now, I experience much more crashes than before, with Emacs
> 24.4 on Windows:
> 
>   GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i686-pc-mingw32) of 2014-10-20 on LEG570
> 
> I often had no time at all to report it; those crashes were
> ignored. Now, I feel I must report one of those occurrences to you.
> 
> Here is a (hopefully) useful backtrace:

Unfortunately, no, it isn't useful.  You attached the debugger too
late, when the fatal except was already caught by the top-level
handler in the MinGW startup code, and by that time, all traces of the
original exception locus are lost.

Please attach GDB to Emacs right after you start a new session, type
"continue", and let Emacs run as usual.  Then the fatal exception,
when it happens, will be delivered to GDB first, and you should be
able to produce a more useful backtrace.

Thanks.