Subject: Re: bug#20179: 24.4; Crash when S-TAB'ing on Org entry

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:51:36 +0300

> From: Sebastien Vauban <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 16:39:43 +0200
> 
> Though, this morning, in the above configuration (Cygwin GDB + pretest
> of Emacs 24.5), I had a problem with the Org timestamps: they were one
> hour late, like if the computer clock hadn't been updated with the
> "summer" times here in Europe (since this Saturday).
> 
> I finally found that the problem does not come from Emacs itself, but
> from the fact it's launched from Cygwin GDB!

Probably because GDB sets TZ to something a native Windows program
cannot grok.  Or something like that.

> Any idea how this problem can be circumvented?

You could unset TZ inside GDB before running Emacs (assuming my guess
is correct; what does "M-x getenv RET TZ RET" show inside Emacs?).

But the best way is to use a native port of GDB, of course.  Let me
know if you need a pointer to a binary distribution ready to be
installed.