Subject: Re: bug#20179: 24.4; Crash when S-TAB'ing on Org entry

From: Sebastien Vauban <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:17:24 +0100

Sebastien Vauban wrote:
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>> From: Sebastien Vauban <[email-masked]>
>>> Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:17:36 +0100
>>> 
>>> For weeks now, I experience much more crashes than before, with
>>> Emacs 24.4 on Windows:
>>> 
>>>   GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i686-pc-mingw32) of 2014-10-20 on LEG570
>>> 
>>> I often had no time at all to report it; those crashes were
>>> ignored. Now, I feel I must report one of those occurrences to you.
>>> 
>>> Here is a (hopefully) useful backtrace:
>>
>> Unfortunately, no, it isn't useful.  You attached the debugger too
>> late, when the fatal except was already caught by the top-level
>> handler in the MinGW startup code, and by that time, all traces of
>> the original exception locus are lost.
>>
>> Please attach GDB to Emacs right after you start a new session, type
>> "continue", and let Emacs run as usual.

Just to be sure, nothing else to type: no "source .gdbinit" or
"xbacktrace" or something along those lines?

And, is it OK to try to reproduce those problems with the above
(release) version?  I'm willing to use another one, except that I'm not
ready yet to go with the Emacs 25 trunk version, as my Gnus fancy
splitting (based on BBDB) does not work there...

>> Then the fatal exception, when it happens, will be delivered to GDB
>> first, and you should be able to produce a more useful backtrace.
>
> OK, will try to do so.

Best regards,
  Seb