Subject: bug#20178: 24.3; Two feature requests for tabulated-list.el

From: Eli Barzilay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 06:57:23 -0400

1. Truncating labels is done ATM with

       (truncate-string-to-width label width nil nil t)

   It would be nice if there was an option to choose the `ellipsis'
   argument.  (The code already deals with unicode, so IMO it makes
   sense to use "…" with an alternative of "-" in
   `tabulated-list-glyphless-char-display'.)

2. When I use `electric-buffer-list', if I happen to click on a column
   header it sorts the buffer according to that header, and it even
   makes that choice persistent.  That's nice, I guess, but there
   should be some way to go back to the default original order -- and
   maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see any good way
   to do that.  (If I hit it by mistake, the only way I found to go
   back to the default is to quit the electric buffer, then use
   `list-buffers' to get it in plain mode, then kill it so that it
   gets recreated next time.)

-- 
          ((lambda (x) (x x)) (lambda (x) (x x)))          Eli Barzilay:
                    http://barzilay.org/                   Maze is Life!