Subject: bug#20177: 24.4: bookmark.el: show all annotations does not display in proper order (FIX INCLUDED)

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 21:56:08 -0400

> When `bookmark-sort-flag' is set, the bmenu list displays in sorted
> order, but the function `bookmark-show-all-annotations' (keybinding
> `A'), does not.

> The first attached patch file, `simple.patch', is just that.

Thanks, attached.

> The second attached patch file, `fancy.patch', adds an option to display
> the list of all annotations as a pre-formatted org-mode buffer, based
> upon the setting of a new variable,
> `bookmark-show-all-annotations-in-org-mode'.

I'd tend to think that this buffer should be read-only and using a major
mode that derives from special-mode, which seems incompatible with
org-mode.  It could still use the Org syntax, of course, maybe with an
outline-minor-mode.

> +(defvar bookmark-show-all-annotations-in-org-mode nil
> +"When not `nil', the command `bookmark-show-all-annotations' will
> +format its display as an org-mode buffer")

I think we can just change the format without introducing an option to
recover the old format.

        Stefan