Subject: bug#20176: closed (Re: bug#20176: M-x man ellipsis completions not expanded)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 12:32:02 +0000

Your bug report

#20176: M-x man ellipsis completions not expanded

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20176: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20176
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20176: M-x man ellipsis completions not expanded
From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 20:31:32 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Too late. I don't have that stuff here anymore. So OK. Done.

Subject: M-x man ellipsis completions not expanded
From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
To: bug-gnu-emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 14:05:04 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

M-x man Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Pl<TAB>
gives in the *Completions* buffer

when run as me, even with emacs -q:
Possible completions are:
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Placemark(3pm)
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Plugin::...(3pm)

when run as anybody else:
Possible completions are:
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Placemark(3pm)
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Plugin::Default(3pm)
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Plugin::Others(3pm)
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Plugin::Style(3pm)

Of course I will get
error in process sentinel: Man-bgproc-sentinel: No manual entry for Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Plugin::... in section 3pm
if I click on the "..." item.

No I don't know what in the environment variable is causing it, but it
is still a bug. Debian emacs24 24.4+1-5