Subject: bug#20174: closed (Re: bug#20174: 25.0.50; `(`t' . EVENT)' in (elisp) `Event Input Misc)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 16:26:02 +0000

Your bug report

#20174: 25.0.50; `(`t' . EVENT)' in (elisp) `Event Input Misc

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20174: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20174
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20174: 25.0.50; `(`t' . EVENT)' in (elisp) `Event Input Misc
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 18:25:36 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 20:55:00 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> 
> Should this perhaps be just `(t . EVENT)'?

Yes, of course.  Fixed on the emacs-24 branch.

Thanks.

Subject: 25.0.50; `(`t' . EVENT)' in (elisp) `Event Input Misc
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 20:55:00 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I don't understand this enough to know whether this is a bug (typo), but
it looks suspect to me: the occurrence of `(`t' . EVENT)' in this
paragraph:

 Events read from this list are not normally added to the current
 command's key sequence (as returned by, e.g., `this-command-keys'),
 as the events will already have been added once as they were read
 for the first time.  An element of the form `(`t' . EVENT)' forces
 EVENT to be added to the current command's key sequence.

Dropping the outermost `...', which is for purposes of documentation,
leaves the sexp (`t' . EVENT), where EVENT is presumably a placeholder
for an event.  But what is `t' here?

Should this perhaps be just `(t . EVENT)'?

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-10-20 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 118168 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking=yes,glyphs CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'