Subject: Re: bug#20165: eshell completion bug in emacs 24.4.1 on windows

From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 18:28:13 -0800

On 3/22/2015 12:34 PM, Andreas Hiller wrote:
> Mainly when i pasting paths from clipboard. Eshell can handle backslash.
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> schrieb am So., 22. 
> März 2015 um 19:09 Uhr:
> 
>      > From: Andreas Hiller <[email-masked]
>     <mailto:[email-masked]>>
>      > Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 11:34:28 +0000
>      >
>      > There is a problem on path completion in emacs on windows. See
>     following gif:
>      > http://imgur.com/t7T0pBp <http://imgur.com/t7T0pBp>
>      >
>      > It moves the path one char to the left.
> 
>     Why are you using backslashes in Eshell?

This issue is resolved as of Emacs 28.2 (or possibly earlier). On MS 
Windows, if I type "cd C:\Windows" in Eshell and press TAB, it completes 
to "cd c:/Windows/" with the space after "cd" preserved correctly, which 
is what I'd expect.

Closing this issue now, though if there are still problems, just let me 
know.

(Note that since "\" is the escape character in Eshell, you need to be 
careful about using it as the directory separator in general, but I 
don't think that's really a bug; just a thing for MS Windows users to be 
aware of.)