Subject: 25.0.50; Smerge does "git add" for every final conflict resolution

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 10:13:07 +0100

When Smerge-mode has fixed the final conflict in a Git conflict, it adds
the file to the index.

However, when the conflict occured as the result of "git stash pop"
action in the work directory, the state of the index should not be
touched: the whole point of using git stash is to store work directory
and index separately and restore them separately.  So probably
Smerge-mode would have to check whether a conflict is recorded in the
index before overwriting it.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
 of 2015-03-04 on lola
Repository revision: ca2b0e220ee6b2cab538e84703559696ce477e71
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11600000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.10

Configured using:
 `configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  whitespace-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
smerge-next is on <menu-bar> <SMerge> <Next>, C-c ^ n
Entering debugger...
Continuing.
smerge-ensure-match: No `base'
Saving file /home/dak/lilymidi/lily-midi.el...
Wrote /home/dak/lilymidi/lily-midi.el
Whitespace mode enabled in current buffer
You can run the command `whitespace-mode' with M-x whit-m RET
Whitespace mode enabled in current buffer
scroll-down-command: Beginning of buffer
scroll-up-command: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug whitespace lily-midi midi-kbd pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu pp
ccl shell pcomplete warnings misearch multi-isearch dabbrev gnus-dup
apropos eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func sendmail
nnir debug gnus-kill shr-color color mule-util flow-fill sort smiley
gnus-cite mm-archive mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml
disp-table pop3 nndir nndraft nnmh help-mode gnutls network-stream nsm
starttls nnml nnfolder nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win eww mm-url url-queue url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source cl-macs eieio gv eieio-core cl-generic
password-cache url-vars mailcap shr dom subr-x pcase browse-url
format-spec sh-script smie executable make-mode smerge-mode nxml-uchnm
rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok
dired-x dired python json autorevert filenotify bug-reference add-log
latexenc tex-info texinfo preview prv-emacs reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex
reftex-vars tex-bar tex-buf toolbar-x noutline outline font-latex
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv latex edmacro kmacro
tex-style tex dbus xml crm lilypond-mode compile comint ansi-color ring
jka-compr scheme vc vc-dispatcher vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs info easymenu package epg-config advice desktop frameset
minibuf-eldef gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib cus-start cus-load
preview-latex tex-site auto-loads server time-date tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 696689 124897)
 (symbols 24 55713 157)
 (miscs 20 1205 2247)
 (strings 16 119776 17186)
 (string-bytes 1 3828540)
 (vectors 8 48240)
 (vector-slots 4 1789635 56924)
 (floats 8 541 993)
 (intervals 28 35923 854)
 (buffers 520 295)
 (heap 1024 71211 19354))

-- 
David Kastrup