Subject: bug#20150: 24.4: bookmarks: return from editing annotations (FIX INCLUDED)

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 21:20:20 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:
> Now that the test suite for bookmark.el has hit master, I reworked
> this to also include tests.  Please find attached an updated patch.

I thought about this a bit more and realized there is a problem with
the fix: we can of course also edit an annotation when
bookmark-use-annotations is t.  In this case we would not want to
return to the bookmark list.

The fix will therefore have to be a bit more involved to handle both
cases correctly.  I have attached a fourth (and hopefully final) patch
here.

I also ran into a suspected bug in with-current-buffer (Bug#36497).  I
added a FIXME in one of the test cases so we can clean it up once
that's fixed.

This is my first patch with this many changes, and I did my best to
document it thoroughly.  Not sure if we like that or prefer something
more terse.  Comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Stefan Kangas