Subject: Re: bug#20145: (guix build download) leaks file descriptor on TLS connections

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 23:57:45 +0100

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> When opening an HTTPS connection, the file descriptor beneath the port
> returned by ‘tls-wrap’ is leaked.
>
> This is not a problem in most cases (downloads) because the process is
> left as soon as the download is over.
>
> This is more problematic for ‘guix lint’, which may open a large number
> of HTTPS connections for the ‘source’ and ‘home-page’ checkers when
> working on all the packages.

This is essentially solved by commits
14d6ca3e4dd23ee92adb5e2fcf58546e67534631 and
097a951e96718a037dbfa6d579e2d26f7dab3e82.

One still needs to be careful, though, for instance because closing a
chunked encoding port (which is a custom binary input port wrapped
around the real socket port) still fails to close the raw socket port
that’s behind the TLS session record port.

Ludo’.