Subject: bug#20141: closed (Re: bug#20141: 24.4.91; Helm is broken after last changes in eieio)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 20:01:03 +0000

Your bug report

#20141: 25.0.50; Helm is broken after last changes in eieio

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20141: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20141
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20141: 24.4.91; Helm is broken after last changes in eieio
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 16:00:05 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>>> (eieio-class-slots 'helm-source)
>> [...]
>>> Until today it returned (name), now, you get
>>> ([cl-struct-cl-slot-descriptor name nil t nil])
>> 
>> eieio-class-slots is new in Emacs-25, so it's OK if it's different
>> from yesterday.  But indeed, it looks I failed to adapt object-slots.
>> Does the patch below fix the problems people are seeing?

> Yes I confirm it does.

Thanks,

        Stefan

Subject: 24.4.91; Helm is broken after last changes in eieio
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 06:17:42 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

After commit 50c117f in emacs-25, helm is broken,
works fine otherwise in prior versions and emacs-24 of course.

https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/issues/930

In GNU Emacs 24.4.91.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2015-03-12 on dell-14z
Repository revision: b21a56ac91e39e75051ad07bb608c39af057adee
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  git-gutter-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  golden-ratio-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: ti
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-autoresize-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
[mu4e] Found 25 matching messages
(New file)
Mark set [2 times]
Parsing /home/thierry/.mailrc... done
Loading /home/thierry/.emacs.d/.gnus.el (source)...done
Mark set
Auto-saving...done
Buffer Re: [helm] helm broken on E... has shrunk a lot; auto save disabled in that buffer until next real save
Message modified; kill anyway? (y or n) y
user-error: No further undo information

Load-path shadows:
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20150316.1858/tq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.4.91/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq
~/elisp/auctex/lpath hides ~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath

Features:
(shadow emacsbug helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval epa-mail smiley
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig w3m-form mule-util
conf-mode vc-rcs sh-script smie executable sgml-mode markdown-mode
vc-git naquadah-theme em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred
em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias align-let git-gutter
server psession golden-ratio winner undo-tree diff slime-xref-browser
slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime etags
arc-mode archive-mode image-file xdvi-search preview-latex tex-site
auto-loads pcomplete-extension pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu em-term term
disp-table ehelp python eldoc-eval warnings whitespace paren time
recentf tree-widget savehist mu4e-config org-mu4e helm-mu mu4e-contrib
mu4e mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-view
mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 mu4e-mark
mu4e-message html2text mu4e-proc mu4e-utils mu4e-lists mu4e-about
mu4e-vars hl-line mu4e-meta gnus-dired nnir gnus-sum gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win nnoo config-w3m w3m-search w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode
timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon
w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util smtpmail-async smtpmail sendmail dired-async
iterator lacarte iedit-rect iedit iedit-lib smallurl mm-url gnus
gnus-ems nnheader wid-edit rectangle-utils rect ledger-config ledger
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc eldoc esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-arg esh-util tv-utils pcvs vc-cvs pcvs-parse
pcvs-info pcvs-defs pcvs-util ewoc mb-depth cl-info hyperspec esh-toggle
flymake no-word htmlize cl dired-extension emms-vlc-config
emms-librefm-stream emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit
emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score
emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue
emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat
org-config-thierry ob-sh org-crypt appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
org-annotation-helper addressbook-bookmark message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions init-helm-thierry
helm-descbinds helm-extensions-autoloads helm-mode helm-files
image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell dired-x
dired-aux ffap thingatpt helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags
helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark pp helm-locate helm-help
helm-org org-location-google-maps org-agenda google-maps
google-maps-static google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs helm-match-plugin helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep helm-regexp
helm-plugin grep helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap helm-utils dired compile comint
ansi-color ring helm easy-mmode helm-source helm-config helm-autoloads
async-bytecomp async helm-aliases epa-file epa derived epg auth-source
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core gnus-util
mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache cl-macs gv slime-autoloads package
epg-config time-date avoid cus-start cus-load w3m-wget info easymenu
edmacro kmacro advice help-fns net-utils cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 517106 41396)
 (symbols 48 59342 0)
 (miscs 40 490 829)
 (strings 32 151152 16093)
 (string-bytes 1 4431487)
 (vectors 16 59814)
 (vector-slots 8 1657069 16924)
 (floats 8 1713 370)
 (intervals 56 3220 71)
 (buffers 960 124)
 (heap 1024 57235 3437))
-- 
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997