Subject: Re: bug#20140: 24.4; M17n shaper output rejected

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 17:11:52 +0200

> Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 20:53:10 +0000
> From: Richard Wordingham <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > Btw, is there a way to get all the examples from your
> > https://wrdingham.co.uk/lanna/renderer_test.htm as a UTF-8 encoded
> > text file?  I'd like to test the Emacs rendering with all of the
> > examples, but copy-pasting each example separately from the browser is
> > not my idea of useful time investment.  So if you could provide the
> > examples as a downloadable text file, I'd appreciate.
> 
> As buried (you're not the only one to have overlooked it) in the
> penultimate paragraph of 'Content and Layout' section, "The test words
> may, in principle, be extracted quite simply from this web page. Each
> test 'word' is the content of the first cell in each row whose class is
> tst1. For convenience*, I have extracted the first two cells in such
> rows, along with titles, to a CSV file."  The file is rt.csv in the
> same directory.  I included the meaning and pronunciation as those who
> don't know the script may find it easier to refer to the words by
> translation or transcription.  You may prefer to use the file more or
> less as it is, but one can easily knock up an Emacs macro sequence to
> delete the first comma and the rest of the line.  I left the
> section titles in for easier navigation to the renderer test file.

Thanks, I've reviewed the results of rendering that file, and it looks
reasonably well: some examples don't show correctly, but most do.