Subject: bug#20140: 24.4; M17n shaper output rejected

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 16:40:09 +0200

> Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 23:26:23 +0000
> From: Richard Wordingham <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > No, that's not true.  I'm not aware of any such limitation; AFAIK
> > Arabic shaping works correctly in Emacs, certainly with HarfBuzz and
> > Emacs 27 or later.
> > 
> > Or maybe I misunderstand what you mean by "typewriter-like" fonts?
> > Can you give an example of a non-typewriter-like font for Arabic that
> > I can find on MS-Windows and try?
> 
> Not off the top of my head, but compare لحج with the presentation form
> ‎ﳊ U+FCCA ARABIC LIGATURE LAM WITH HAH INITIAL FORM for the first two
> letters.  The lam part is a vertical line in the middle of the glyph;
> the 'hah' part forms the lower part of the glyph.

They look identical here (using the default Courier New font).  With
what font did you think they will look wrong?