Subject: bug#20140: 24.4; M17n shaper output rejected

From: Richard Wordingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 22:13:10 +0000

On Sun, 06 Feb 2022 10:11:08 +0200
Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 22:52:51 +0000
> > From: Richard Wordingham <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> > 
> > I'm currently using the vanilla emacs on Ubuntu Focal, which is
> > described as 'GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+
> > Version 3.24.14) of 2020-03-26, modified by Debian'.  The key good
> > news is that the commands forward-char-intrusive and
> > backward-char-intrusive are now standard, so I can position the
> > cursor by dead-reckoning.  You can reasonably mark the issue as
> > solved.  
> 
> I don't see the commands forward-char-intrusive and
> backward-char-intrusive anywhere in Emacs, so I guess they are your
> local changes, based on the code posted by Handa-san in this
> discussion?

That's a shame; they are indeed local, sitting in my initialisation
file (.emacs).  (I future-proofed myself too well.)  They are well worth
adding to the general store of emacs commands, and mentioning in
documentation next to forward-char and backward-char.

Richard.