Subject: bug#20134: 24.4.90; Emacs slowdown to eventual hang

From: [email-masked] (Phillip Lord)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 14:15:30 +0000

Emacs gets slower and slower after start up, and then eventually hangs.
CPU is not being heavily used nor memory.

It seems to happen reliably while using auctex. I cannot reproduce this
from emacs -Q. It takes 5 to 10 minutes of use at least to get to this
point. It does not happen all the time -- I do sometimes use Emacs all
day without a problem.

This bug report was generated in a new emacs (as the other one crashed).

Attached are a number of traces from gdb over a period of time as emacs
got slower and slower. The last two are after emacs hung totally.

I am not an expert with gdb or C, so while I am happy to give more
information, I need fairly explicit instructions on how to get it!

---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
	set auto-load safe-path /
line to your configuration file "/home/phillord/.gdbinit".
For more information about this security protection, see the
"Auto-loading safe path" section in the GDB manual.  E.g., run from the shell:
	info "(gdb)Auto-loading safe path"
(gdb) continue
Continuing.
^C
Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
0x00007fbb04d70e79 in __pselect (nfds=nfds@entry=20, 
    readfds=readfds@entry=0x7fff3fade550, 
    writefds=writefds@entry=0x7fff3fade5d0, exceptfds=exceptfds@entry=0x0, 
    timeout=<optimised out>, timeout@entry=0x7fff3fadeb30, 
    sigmask=sigmask@entry=0x0) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pselect.c:77
77	in ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pselect.c
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007fbb04d70e79 in __pselect (nfds=nfds@entry=20, 
    readfds=readfds@entry=0x7fff3fade550, 
    writefds=writefds@entry=0x7fff3fade5d0, exceptfds=exceptfds@entry=0x0, 
    timeout=<optimised out>, timeout@entry=0x7fff3fadeb30, 
    sigmask=sigmask@entry=0x0) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pselect.c:77
#1  0x00000000005cc63b in xg_select (fds_lim=20, 
    rfds=rfds@entry=0x7fff3fadeb40, wfds=wfds@entry=0x7fff3fadebc0, 
    efds=efds@entry=0x0, timeout=timeout@entry=0x7fff3fadeb30, 
    sigmask=sigmask@entry=0x0) at xgselect.c:114
#2  0x000000000059555d in wait_reading_process_output (
    time_limit=time_limit@entry=30, nsecs=nsecs@entry=0, 
    read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=-1, do_display=do_display@entry=true, 
    wait_for_cell=12140850, wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0, 
    just_wait_proc=just_wait_proc@entry=0) at process.c:4606
#3  0x0000000000421a54 in sit_for (timeout=<optimised out>, 
    reading=reading@entry=true, display_option=display_option@entry=1)
    at dispnew.c:5867
#4  0x00000000004f0b04 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=map@entry=244440758, 
    prev_event=12140850, used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x7fff3fadf1bb, 
    end_time=end_time@entry=0x0) at keyboard.c:2810
#5  0x00000000004f1fdf in read_key_sequence (
    keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7fff3fadf290, prompt=12140850, 
    dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=false, 
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=true, 
    fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=true, 
    prevent_redisplay=prevent_redisplay@entry=false, bufsize=30)
    at keyboard.c:9089
#6  0x00000000004f3bd0 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1453
#7  0x00000000005557ae in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=bfun@entry=0x4f39e0 <command_loop_1>, handlers=<optimised out>, 
    hfun=hfun@entry=0x4ea950 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1348
#8  0x00000000004e608e in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=12140850)
    at keyboard.c:1178
#9  0x00000000005556bb in internal_catch (tag=12188354, 
    func=func@entry=0x4e6070 <command_loop_2>, arg=12140850) at eval.c:1112
#10 0x00000000004ea577 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1157
#11 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:778
#12 0x00000000004ea88d in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:849
#13 0x0000000000417c95 in main (argc=<optimised out>, argv=0x7fff3fadf5e8)
    at emacs.c:1642
(gdb) 
(gdb) continue
Continuing.
^C
Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
0x00007fbb04d70e79 in __pselect (nfds=nfds@entry=20, 
    readfds=readfds@entry=0x7fff3fade550, 
    writefds=writefds@entry=0x7fff3fade5d0, exceptfds=exceptfds@entry=0x0, 
    timeout=<optimised out>, timeout@entry=0x7fff3fadeb30, 
    sigmask=sigmask@entry=0x0) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pselect.c:77
77	in ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pselect.c
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007fbb04d70e79 in __pselect (nfds=nfds@entry=20, 
    readfds=readfds@entry=0x7fff3fade550, 
    writefds=writefds@entry=0x7fff3fade5d0, exceptfds=exceptfds@entry=0x0, 
    timeout=<optimised out>, timeout@entry=0x7fff3fadeb30, 
    sigmask=sigmask@entry=0x0) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pselect.c:77
#1  0x00000000005cc63b in xg_select (fds_lim=20, 
    rfds=rfds@entry=0x7fff3fadeb40, wfds=wfds@entry=0x7fff3fadebc0, 
    efds=efds@entry=0x0, timeout=timeout@entry=0x7fff3fadeb30, 
    sigmask=sigmask@entry=0x0) at xgselect.c:114
#2  0x000000000059555d in wait_reading_process_output (
    time_limit=time_limit@entry=30, nsecs=nsecs@entry=0, 
    read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=-1, do_display=do_display@entry=true, 
    wait_for_cell=12140850, wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0, 
    just_wait_proc=just_wait_proc@entry=0) at process.c:4606
#3  0x0000000000421a54 in sit_for (timeout=<optimised out>, 
    reading=reading@entry=true, display_option=display_option@entry=1)
    at dispnew.c:5867
#4  0x00000000004f0b04 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=map@entry=189430662, 
    prev_event=12140850, used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x7fff3fadf1bb, 
    end_time=end_time@entry=0x0) at keyboard.c:2810
#5  0x00000000004f1fdf in read_key_sequence (
    keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7fff3fadf290, prompt=12140850, 
    dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=false, 
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=true, 
    fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=true, 
    prevent_redisplay=prevent_redisplay@entry=false, bufsize=30)
    at keyboard.c:9089
#6  0x00000000004f3bd0 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1453
#7  0x00000000005557ae in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=bfun@entry=0x4f39e0 <command_loop_1>, handlers=<optimised out>, 
    hfun=hfun@entry=0x4ea950 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1348
#8  0x00000000004e608e in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=12140850)
    at keyboard.c:1178
#9  0x00000000005556bb in internal_catch (tag=12188354, 
    func=func@entry=0x4e6070 <command_loop_2>, arg=12140850) at eval.c:1112
#10 0x00000000004ea577 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1157
#11 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:778
#12 0x00000000004ea88d in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:849
#13 0x0000000000417c95 in main (argc=<optimised out>, argv=0x7fff3fadf5e8)
    at emacs.c:1642
(gdb) continue
Continuing.
^C
Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
0x00007fbb04d70e79 in __pselect (nfds=nfds@entry=20, 
    readfds=readfds@entry=0x7fff3fade550, 
    writefds=writefds@entry=0x7fff3fade5d0, exceptfds=exceptfds@entry=0x0, 
    timeout=<optimised out>, timeout@entry=0x7fff3fadeb30, 
    sigmask=sigmask@entry=0x0) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pselect.c:77
77	in ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pselect.c
(gdb) continue
Continuing.
^C
Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
0x00007fbb04d70e79 in __pselect (nfds=nfds@entry=20, 
    readfds=readfds@entry=0x7fff3fadcbe0, 
    writefds=writefds@entry=0x7fff3fadcc60, exceptfds=exceptfds@entry=0x0, 
    timeout=<optimised out>, timeout@entry=0x7fff3fadd1c0, 
    sigmask=sigmask@entry=0x0) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pselect.c:77
77	in ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pselect.c
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007fbb04d70e79 in __pselect (nfds=nfds@entry=20, 
    readfds=readfds@entry=0x7fff3fadcbe0, 
    writefds=writefds@entry=0x7fff3fadcc60, exceptfds=exceptfds@entry=0x0, 
    timeout=<optimised out>, timeout@entry=0x7fff3fadd1c0, 
    sigmask=sigmask@entry=0x0) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pselect.c:77
#1  0x00000000005cc63b in xg_select (fds_lim=20, 
    rfds=rfds@entry=0x7fff3fadd1d0, wfds=wfds@entry=0x7fff3fadd250, 
    efds=efds@entry=0x0, timeout=timeout@entry=0x7fff3fadd1c0, 
    sigmask=sigmask@entry=0x0) at xgselect.c:114
#2  0x000000000059555d in wait_reading_process_output (
    time_limit=<optimised out>, nsecs=999263354, read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=-1, 
    do_display=do_display@entry=true, wait_for_cell=12140850, 
    wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0, just_wait_proc=just_wait_proc@entry=0)
    at process.c:4606
#3  0x00000000004ece3e in kbd_buffer_get_event (end_time=0x7fff3fadd9d0, 
    used_mouse_menu=<optimised out>, kbp=<synthetic pointer>)
    at keyboard.c:3886
#4  read_event_from_main_queue (used_mouse_menu=<optimised out>, 
    local_getcjmp=<optimised out>, end_time=0x7fff3fadd9d0) at keyboard.c:2247
#5  read_decoded_event_from_main_queue (
    end_time=end_time@entry=0x7fff3fadd9d0, 
    local_getcjmp=local_getcjmp@entry=0x7fff3fadd7c0, 
    prev_event=prev_event@entry=12140850, 
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x0) at keyboard.c:2310
#6  0x00000000004f120c in read_char (commandflag=commandflag@entry=0, 
    map=12140850, prev_event=12140850, 
    used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x0, end_time=0x7fff3fadd9d0)
    at keyboard.c:2896
#7  0x00000000005746c0 in read_filtered_event (no_switch_frame=false, 
    ascii_required=false, error_nonascii=false, input_method=true, 
    seconds=<optimised out>) at lread.c:632
#8  0x0000000000557390 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimised out>, 
    args=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2818
#9  0x000000000058b655 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-514, 
    vector=140734261742560, maxdepth=140734261742688, args_template=3076, 
    nargs=140734261746344, args=0x4) at bytecode.c:916
#10 0x0000000000556ed7 in funcall_lambda (fun=140734261749248, 
    fun@entry=8772789, nargs=nargs@entry=1, arg_vector=0x85dce1 <pure+123745>, 
    arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3faddb70) at eval.c:2978
#11 0x00000000005562d8 in apply_lambda (fun=8772789, args=<optimised out>, 
    count=count@entry=26) at eval.c:2919
#12 0x000000000055667c in eval_sub (form=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2256
#13 0x0000000000556ba5 in Fprogn (body=20) at eval.c:462
#14 0x0000000000556976 in eval_sub (form=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2131
#15 0x0000000000556976 in eval_sub (form=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2131
#16 0x0000000000556ba5 in Fprogn (body=20) at eval.c:462
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#17 0x00000000005597c5 in Flet (args=53965126) at eval.c:970
#18 0x0000000000556976 in eval_sub (form=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2131
#19 0x0000000000556ba5 in Fprogn (body=20) at eval.c:462
#20 0x0000000000556f3c in funcall_lambda (fun=fun@entry=53965094, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=0, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3fade0a0)
    at eval.c:3037
#21 0x00000000005562d8 in apply_lambda (fun=53965094, args=<optimised out>, 
    count=count@entry=17) at eval.c:2919
#22 0x000000000055667c in eval_sub (form=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2256
#23 0x0000000000556976 in eval_sub (form=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2131
#24 0x0000000000556ba5 in Fprogn (body=20, body@entry=53945542) at eval.c:462
#25 0x000000000054aa65 in Fsave_current_buffer (args=53945542) at editfns.c:954
#26 0x0000000000556976 in eval_sub (form=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2131
#27 0x0000000000556ba5 in Fprogn (body=20) at eval.c:462
#28 0x0000000000556f3c in funcall_lambda (fun=53945510, nargs=nargs@entry=0, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3fade5b8) at eval.c:3037
#29 0x00000000005571b3 in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fff3fade5b0) at eval.c:2872
#30 0x000000000055861c in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0x7fff3fade5b0) at eval.c:2293
#31 0x0000000000557291 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimised out>, 
    args=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2792
#32 0x000000000058b655 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-514, 
    vector=140734261742560, maxdepth=140734261742688, args_template=12140850, 
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    nargs=140734261749176, args=0x3) at bytecode.c:916
#33 0x0000000000556850 in eval_sub (form=form@entry=10005110) at eval.c:2187
#34 0x0000000000559b59 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=<optimised out>, 
    bodyform=10005110, handlers=<optimised out>) at eval.c:1317
#35 0x000000000058c61d in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-514, 
    vector=140734261742560, maxdepth=140734261742688, args_template=12140850, 
    nargs=140734261749720, args=0x8f) at bytecode.c:1162
#36 0x0000000000556e3f in funcall_lambda (fun=10004797, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3fade988) at eval.c:3044
#37 0x00000000005571b3 in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fff3fade980) at eval.c:2872
#38 0x00000000005574fa in call1 (fn=<optimised out>, arg1=arg1@entry=54120877)
    at eval.c:2610
#39 0x00000000004eb2bf in timer_check_2 (idle_timers=<optimised out>, 
    timers=<optimised out>) at keyboard.c:4515
#40 timer_check () at keyboard.c:4582
#41 0x00000000004eb5d1 in readable_events (flags=1) at keyboard.c:3448
#42 0x00000000004ec998 in get_input_pending (flags=1) at keyboard.c:6766
#43 0x00000000004efde4 in detect_input_pending_run_timers (
    do_display=do_display@entry=true) at keyboard.c:9895
#44 0x0000000000595756 in wait_reading_process_output (
    time_limit=time_limit@entry=30, nsecs=nsecs@entry=0, 
    read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=-1, do_display=do_display@entry=true, 
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    wait_for_cell=12140850, wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0, 
    just_wait_proc=just_wait_proc@entry=0) at process.c:4702
#45 0x0000000000421a54 in sit_for (timeout=<optimised out>, 
    reading=reading@entry=true, display_option=display_option@entry=1)
    at dispnew.c:5867
#46 0x00000000004f0b04 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=map@entry=190228950, 
    prev_event=12140850, used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x7fff3fadf1bb, 
    end_time=end_time@entry=0x0) at keyboard.c:2810
#47 0x00000000004f1fdf in read_key_sequence (
    keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7fff3fadf290, prompt=12140850, 
    dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=false, 
    can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=true, 
    fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=true, 
    prevent_redisplay=prevent_redisplay@entry=false, bufsize=30)
    at keyboard.c:9089
#48 0x00000000004f3bd0 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1453
#49 0x00000000005557ae in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=bfun@entry=0x4f39e0 <command_loop_1>, handlers=<optimised out>, 
    hfun=hfun@entry=0x4ea950 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1348
#50 0x00000000004e608e in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=12140850)
    at keyboard.c:1178
#51 0x00000000005556bb in internal_catch (tag=12188354, 
    func=func@entry=0x4e6070 <command_loop_2>, arg=12140850) at eval.c:1112
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#52 0x00000000004ea577 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1157
#53 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:778
#54 0x00000000004ea88d in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:849
#55 0x0000000000417c95 in main (argc=<optimised out>, argv=0x7fff3fadf5e8)
    at emacs.c:1642
(gdb) continue
Continuing.

^C
Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
0x00007fbb04d6c12d in poll () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
81	../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S: No such file or directory.
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007fbb04d6c12d in poll () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
#1  0x00007fbb01850b72 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1
#2  0x00007fbb0185264f in xcb_wait_for_event ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1
#3  0x00007fbb081b4198 in _XReadEvents ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#4  0x00007fbb0819c751 in XIfEvent ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#5  0x00007fbb081e2f24 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#6  0x00007fbb081e3b80 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#7  0x00007fbb081e3e71 in _XimRead ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#8  0x00007fbb081d28a6 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#9  0x00007fbb081c0b3d in XSetICValues ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#10 0x00000000004cbd23 in xic_set_preeditarea (w=w@entry=0x11508e0, 
    x=x@entry=275, y=y@entry=0) at xfns.c:2107
#11 0x00000000004ba975 in x_draw_window_cursor (w=0x11508e0, 
    glyph_row=<optimised out>, x=275, y=0, cursor_type=<optimised out>, 
    cursor_width=<optimised out>, on_p=<optimised out>, 
    active_p=<optimised out>) at xterm.c:7331
#12 0x0000000000457f03 in display_and_set_cursor (w=w@entry=0x11508e0, 
    on=on@entry=true, hpos=25, vpos=0, x=275, y=0) at xdisp.c:27634
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#13 0x00000000004b968c in x_update_window_end (w=0x11508e0, 
    cursor_on_p=<optimised out>, mouse_face_overwritten_p=<optimised out>)
    at xterm.c:582
#14 0x000000000041d45d in update_window (w=w@entry=0x11508e0, 
    force_p=<optimised out>, force_p@entry=true) at dispnew.c:3541
#15 0x000000000041e72b in update_window_tree (w=0x11508e0, w@entry=0xb5d99a8, 
    force_p=force_p@entry=true) at dispnew.c:3216
#16 0x0000000000420c7d in update_frame (f=f@entry=0x114e878, 
    force_p=<optimised out>, force_p@entry=false, 
    inhibit_hairy_id_p=inhibit_hairy_id_p@entry=false) at dispnew.c:3105
#17 0x000000000044e957 in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13961
#18 0x0000000000450745 in redisplay () at xdisp.c:13201
#19 0x00000000004f0661 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=map@entry=283856358, 
    prev_event=12140850, used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x7fff3fade38b, 
    end_time=end_time@entry=0x0) at keyboard.c:2571
#20 0x00000000004f1fdf in read_key_sequence (
    keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7fff3fade460, prompt=12140850, 
    dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=false, 
    can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=true, 
    fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=true, 
    prevent_redisplay=prevent_redisplay@entry=false, bufsize=30)
    at keyboard.c:9089
#21 0x00000000004f3bd0 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1453
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#22 0x00000000005557ae in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=bfun@entry=0x4f39e0 <command_loop_1>, handlers=<optimised out>, 
    hfun=hfun@entry=0x4ea950 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1348
#23 0x00000000004e608e in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=12140850)
    at keyboard.c:1178
#24 0x00000000005556bb in internal_catch (tag=12265170, 
    func=func@entry=0x4e6070 <command_loop_2>, arg=12140850) at eval.c:1112
#25 0x00000000004ea503 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1149
#26 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:778
#27 0x0000000000512b67 in read_minibuf (map=map@entry=16051638, 
    initial=initial@entry=12140850, prompt=<optimised out>, 
    prompt@entry=279789009, expflag=<optimised out>, 
    histvar=histvar@entry=12305634, histpos=0, defalt=defalt@entry=189286897, 
    allow_props=false, inherit_input_method=false) at minibuf.c:674
#28 0x00000000005131ce in Fread_from_minibuffer (prompt=279789009, 
    initial_contents=12140850, keymap=16051638, read=12140850, 
    hist=<optimised out>, default_value=189286897, 
    inherit_input_method=12140850) at minibuf.c:957
#29 0x0000000000557328 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimised out>, 
    args=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2837
#30 0x000000000058b655 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-516, vector=1, 
    maxdepth=4294967295, args_template=8200, nargs=140734261749672, args=0x8)
    at bytecode.c:916
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#31 0x0000000000556ed7 in funcall_lambda (fun=140734261750496, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=8, arg_vector=0x917141 <pure+882625>, 
    arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3fade918) at eval.c:2978
#32 0x00000000005571b3 in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=9, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fff3fade910) at eval.c:2872
#33 0x0000000000510c00 in Fcompleting_read (prompt=279789009, 
    collection=88850886, predicate=12140850, require_match=12140850, 
    initial_input=12140850, hist=12140850, def=189286897, 
    inherit_input_method=12140850) at minibuf.c:1674
#34 0x00000000005573f1 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimised out>, 
    args=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2844
#35 0x000000000058b655 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-516, vector=1, 
    maxdepth=4294967295, args_template=12140850, nargs=140734261750384, 
    args=0x8) at bytecode.c:916
#36 0x0000000000556e3f in funcall_lambda (fun=186153037, nargs=nargs@entry=0, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3fadec98) at eval.c:3044
#37 0x00000000005571b3 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fff3fadec90)
    at eval.c:2872
#38 0x0000000000557449 in funcall_nil (nargs=<optimised out>, 
    args=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2362
#39 0x0000000000555c6d in run_hook_with_args (nargs=1, args=0x7fff3fadec90, 
    funcall=0x557440 <funcall_nil>) at eval.c:2547
#40 0x0000000000555d96 in Frun_hooks (nargs=1, args=0x7fff3faded40)
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    at eval.c:2389
#41 0x0000000000557291 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimised out>, 
    args=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2792
#42 0x000000000058b655 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-516, vector=1, 
    maxdepth=4294967295, args_template=12140850, nargs=140734261751088, 
    args=0x2) at bytecode.c:916
#43 0x0000000000556e3f in funcall_lambda (fun=187962589, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3fadef28) at eval.c:3044
#44 0x00000000005571b3 in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fff3fadef20) at eval.c:2872
#45 0x0000000000553740 in Fcall_interactively (function=<optimised out>, 
    record_flag=<optimised out>, keys=<optimised out>) at callint.c:836
#46 0x0000000000557390 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimised out>, 
    args=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2818
#47 0x000000000058b655 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-516, vector=1, 
    maxdepth=4294967295, args_template=4100, nargs=140734261752048, args=0x4)
    at bytecode.c:916
#48 0x0000000000556ed7 in funcall_lambda (fun=0, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    arg_vector=0x91f9d9 <pure+917593>, arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3fadf248)
    at eval.c:2978
#49 0x00000000005571b3 in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fff3fadf240) at eval.c:2872
#50 0x00000000005574fa in call1 (fn=<optimised out>, arg1=<optimised out>)
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    at eval.c:2610
#51 0x00000000004f3d6d in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1560
#52 0x00000000005557ae in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=bfun@entry=0x4f39e0 <command_loop_1>, handlers=<optimised out>, 
    hfun=hfun@entry=0x4ea950 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1348
#53 0x00000000004e608e in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=12140850)
    at keyboard.c:1178
#54 0x00000000005556bb in internal_catch (tag=12188354, 
    func=func@entry=0x4e6070 <command_loop_2>, arg=12140850) at eval.c:1112
#55 0x00000000004ea577 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1157
#56 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:778
#57 0x00000000004ea88d in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:849
#58 0x0000000000417c95 in main (argc=<optimised out>, argv=0x7fff3fadf5e8)
    at emacs.c:1642
(gdb) continue
Continuing.
^C
Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
0x00007fbb04d6c12d in poll () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
81	in ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007fbb04d6c12d in poll () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
#1  0x00007fbb01850b72 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1
#2  0x00007fbb0185264f in xcb_wait_for_event ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1
#3  0x00007fbb081b4198 in _XReadEvents ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#4  0x00007fbb0819c751 in XIfEvent ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#5  0x00007fbb081e2f24 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#6  0x00007fbb081e3b80 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#7  0x00007fbb081e3e71 in _XimRead ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#8  0x00007fbb081d28a6 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#9  0x00007fbb081c0b3d in XSetICValues ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#10 0x00000000004cbd23 in xic_set_preeditarea (w=w@entry=0x11508e0, 
    x=x@entry=275, y=y@entry=0) at xfns.c:2107
#11 0x00000000004ba975 in x_draw_window_cursor (w=0x11508e0, 
    glyph_row=<optimised out>, x=275, y=0, cursor_type=<optimised out>, 
    cursor_width=<optimised out>, on_p=<optimised out>, 
    active_p=<optimised out>) at xterm.c:7331
#12 0x0000000000457f03 in display_and_set_cursor (w=w@entry=0x11508e0, 
    on=on@entry=true, hpos=25, vpos=0, x=275, y=0) at xdisp.c:27634
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#13 0x00000000004b968c in x_update_window_end (w=0x11508e0, 
    cursor_on_p=<optimised out>, mouse_face_overwritten_p=<optimised out>)
    at xterm.c:582
#14 0x000000000041d45d in update_window (w=w@entry=0x11508e0, 
    force_p=<optimised out>, force_p@entry=true) at dispnew.c:3541
#15 0x000000000041e72b in update_window_tree (w=0x11508e0, w@entry=0xb5d99a8, 
    force_p=force_p@entry=true) at dispnew.c:3216
#16 0x0000000000420c7d in update_frame (f=f@entry=0x114e878, 
    force_p=<optimised out>, force_p@entry=false, 
    inhibit_hairy_id_p=inhibit_hairy_id_p@entry=false) at dispnew.c:3105
#17 0x000000000044e957 in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13961
#18 0x0000000000450745 in redisplay () at xdisp.c:13201
#19 0x00000000004f0661 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=map@entry=283856358, 
    prev_event=12140850, used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x7fff3fade38b, 
    end_time=end_time@entry=0x0) at keyboard.c:2571
#20 0x00000000004f1fdf in read_key_sequence (
    keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7fff3fade460, prompt=12140850, 
    dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=false, 
    can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=true, 
    fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=true, 
    prevent_redisplay=prevent_redisplay@entry=false, bufsize=30)
    at keyboard.c:9089
#21 0x00000000004f3bd0 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1453
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#22 0x00000000005557ae in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=bfun@entry=0x4f39e0 <command_loop_1>, handlers=<optimised out>, 
    hfun=hfun@entry=0x4ea950 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1348
#23 0x00000000004e608e in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=12140850)
    at keyboard.c:1178
#24 0x00000000005556bb in internal_catch (tag=12265170, 
    func=func@entry=0x4e6070 <command_loop_2>, arg=12140850) at eval.c:1112
#25 0x00000000004ea503 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1149
#26 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:778
#27 0x0000000000512b67 in read_minibuf (map=map@entry=16051638, 
    initial=initial@entry=12140850, prompt=<optimised out>, 
    prompt@entry=279789009, expflag=<optimised out>, 
    histvar=histvar@entry=12305634, histpos=0, defalt=defalt@entry=189286897, 
    allow_props=false, inherit_input_method=false) at minibuf.c:674
#28 0x00000000005131ce in Fread_from_minibuffer (prompt=279789009, 
    initial_contents=12140850, keymap=16051638, read=12140850, 
    hist=<optimised out>, default_value=189286897, 
    inherit_input_method=12140850) at minibuf.c:957
#29 0x0000000000557328 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimised out>, 
    args=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2837
#30 0x000000000058b655 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-516, vector=1, 
    maxdepth=4294967295, args_template=8200, nargs=140734261749672, args=0x8)
    at bytecode.c:916
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#31 0x0000000000556ed7 in funcall_lambda (fun=140734261750496, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=8, arg_vector=0x917141 <pure+882625>, 
    arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3fade918) at eval.c:2978
#32 0x00000000005571b3 in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=9, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fff3fade910) at eval.c:2872
#33 0x0000000000510c00 in Fcompleting_read (prompt=279789009, 
    collection=88850886, predicate=12140850, require_match=12140850, 
    initial_input=12140850, hist=12140850, def=189286897, 
    inherit_input_method=12140850) at minibuf.c:1674
#34 0x00000000005573f1 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimised out>, 
    args=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2844
#35 0x000000000058b655 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-516, vector=1, 
    maxdepth=4294967295, args_template=12140850, nargs=140734261750384, 
    args=0x8) at bytecode.c:916
#36 0x0000000000556e3f in funcall_lambda (fun=186153037, nargs=nargs@entry=0, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3fadec98) at eval.c:3044
#37 0x00000000005571b3 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fff3fadec90)
    at eval.c:2872
#38 0x0000000000557449 in funcall_nil (nargs=<optimised out>, 
    args=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2362
#39 0x0000000000555c6d in run_hook_with_args (nargs=1, args=0x7fff3fadec90, 
    funcall=0x557440 <funcall_nil>) at eval.c:2547
#40 0x0000000000555d96 in Frun_hooks (nargs=1, args=0x7fff3faded40)
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    at eval.c:2389
#41 0x0000000000557291 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimised out>, 
    args=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2792
#42 0x000000000058b655 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-516, vector=1, 
    maxdepth=4294967295, args_template=12140850, nargs=140734261751088, 
    args=0x2) at bytecode.c:916
#43 0x0000000000556e3f in funcall_lambda (fun=187962589, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3fadef28) at eval.c:3044
#44 0x00000000005571b3 in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fff3fadef20) at eval.c:2872
#45 0x0000000000553740 in Fcall_interactively (function=<optimised out>, 
    record_flag=<optimised out>, keys=<optimised out>) at callint.c:836
#46 0x0000000000557390 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimised out>, 
    args=<optimised out>) at eval.c:2818
#47 0x000000000058b655 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=-516, vector=1, 
    maxdepth=4294967295, args_template=4100, nargs=140734261752048, args=0x4)
    at bytecode.c:916
#48 0x0000000000556ed7 in funcall_lambda (fun=0, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    arg_vector=0x91f9d9 <pure+917593>, arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3fadf248)
    at eval.c:2978
#49 0x00000000005571b3 in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fff3fadf240) at eval.c:2872
#50 0x00000000005574fa in call1 (fn=<optimised out>, arg1=<optimised out>)
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    at eval.c:2610
#51 0x00000000004f3d6d in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1560
#52 0x00000000005557ae in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=bfun@entry=0x4f39e0 <command_loop_1>, handlers=<optimised out>, 
    hfun=hfun@entry=0x4ea950 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1348
#53 0x00000000004e608e in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=12140850)
    at keyboard.c:1178
#54 0x00000000005556bb in internal_catch (tag=12188354, 
    func=func@entry=0x4e6070 <command_loop_2>, arg=12140850) at eval.c:1112
#55 0x00000000004ea577 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1157
#56 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:778
#57 0x00000000004ea88d in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:849
#58 0x0000000000417c95 in main (argc=<optimised out>, argv=0x7fff3fadf5e8)
    at emacs.c:1642
(gdb) 
Continuing.

Program received signal SIGTERM, Terminated.
0x00007fbb0819c709 in XIfEvent () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
(gdb) 

Thanks!

In GNU Emacs 24.4.90.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2015-02-17 on jangai
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  msb-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-eval-pulse-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-pabbrev-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  global-lentic-mode: t
  lentic-mode: t
  tmmofl-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
use-package idle:(lambda nil (require (quote eol-conversion)))
use-package idle:(lambda nil (progn (semantic-mode 1) (require (quote semantic/bovine/el)) (if (member (quote (emacs-lisp-mode . semantic-default-elisp-setup)) semantic-new-buffer-setup-functions) semantic-new-buffer-setup-functions (setq semantic-new-buffer-setup-functions (cons (quote (emacs-lisp-mode . semantic-default-elisp-setup)) semantic-new-buffer-setup-functions)))))
use-package idle:(lambda nil (global-eval-pulse-mode 1))
Configuring package eval-pulse...done
use-package idle:(lambda nil (global-auto-complete-mode))
use-package idle:(lambda nil (progn (setq projectile-mode-line-lighter Prj) (projectile-global-mode)))
use-package idle:(lambda nil (msb-mode 1))
Configuring package msb...done (0.022s)
use-package idle:(lambda nil (progn (add-hook (quote dired-mode-hook) (quote turn-on-tempbuf-mode)) (add-hook (quote custom-mode-hook) (quote turn-on-tempbuf-mode)) (add-hook (quote w3-mode-hook) (quote turn-on-tempbuf-mode)) (add-hook (quote Man-mode-hook) (quote turn-on-tempbuf-mode)) (add-hook (quote view-mode-hook) (quote turn-on-tempbuf-mode)) (add-hook (quote woman-pre-format-hook) (quote turn-on-tempbuf-mode)) (add-hook (quote dictionary-mode-hook) (quote turn-on-tempbuf-mode)) (setq tempbuf-minimum-timeout 3000)))
use-package idle:(lambda nil (require (quote eshell)))

Load-path shadows:
~/emacs/lentic/temp hides ~/emacs/pabbrev/temp
~/src/large/adoc-mode/adoc-mode hides /home/phillord/.emacs.d/elpa/adoc-mode-0.6.2/adoc-mode
/home/phillord/.emacs.d/elpa/lua-mode-20140514/lua-mode hides ~/emacs/packages/lua-mode
~/src/large/adoc-mode/adoc-mode hides ~/emacs/adoc-mode
~/emacs/lentic/temp hides ~/emacs/temp
~/emacs/lentic/open hides ~/emacs/open
~/emacs/packages/css-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.4.90/lisp/textmodes/css-mode
~/emacs/pulse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.4.90/lisp/cedet/pulse
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4.90/lisp/progmodes/compile hides /home/phillord/emacs/packages/edb-1.31/examples/edbibtex/compile

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail esh-var esh-io
esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module
esh-mode esh-util philmsb msb projectile ibuf-ext ibuffer pkg-info
lisp-mnt epl grep eval-pulse semantic/bovine/el semantic/db-el eieio-opt
speedbar sb-image dframe semantic/bovine semantic/db-mode semantic/db
eieio-base semantic/idle semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls
semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet eol-conversion
tmmofl-x yasnippet help-mode pabbrev thingatpt flymake auto-complete
popup eldoc paredit-pause paredit-menu paredit disp-table whitespace
lentic-server web-server mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums web-server-status-codes lentic-mode lentic-doc f s lentic-org
lentic-block ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html ox-ascii ox-publish ox
org-element eww mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils wid-edit url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars mailcap shr browse-url local-lentic-autoloads
lentic m-buffer-at m-buffer m-buffer-macro dash eieio byte-opt
eieio-core copyright derived philr phillisp compile pulse philasciidoc
advice help-fns philface shared tmmofl cl-macs cl gv ido printing
ps-print ps-def lpr edmacro kmacro ob-R org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs image-file package-autoload winner use-package diminish
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cl-loaddefs cl-lib cconv bind-key
easy-mmode tex-site info easymenu package epg-config git-update ring
server time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 313850 12121)
 (symbols 48 42155 0)
 (miscs 40 86 159)
 (strings 32 85922 9372)
 (string-bytes 1 2804260)
 (vectors 16 33906)
 (vector-slots 8 649429 7328)
 (floats 8 468 26)
 (intervals 56 357 0)
 (buffers 960 14)
 (heap 1024 32703 1558))