Subject: bug#20125: 25.0.50; Build error related to "cl-every"

From: Stefan Husmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 14:18:33 +0100

I write this using an emacs from xwidgets-mvp-branch, but the bug happens
when trying to build from master. 

Message:
Loading /home/haawda/paketierung/maintained_by_me/emacs-lucid-git/src/emacs-lucid-git/lisp/emacs-lisp/timer.el (source)...
Eager macro-expansion failure: (void-function cl-every)
Eager macro-expansion failure: (void-function cl-every)
Symbol's function definition is void: cl-every
Makefile:830: recipe for target 'bootstrap-emacs' failed
make[2]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 255
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/haawda/paketierung/maintained_by_me/emacs-lucid-git/src/emacs-lucid-git/src'
Makefile:398: recipe for target 'src' failed
make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/haawda/paketierung/maintained_by_me/emacs-lucid-git/src/emacs-lucid-git'
Makefile:1086: recipe for target 'bootstrap' failed
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().

Irrelevant:
In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.9)
 of 2015-03-15 on frege
Repository revision: 816997258fa43ff4a6f4858d5128d6d772a0883b
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11701000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-sound --with-xwidgets
 --with-rsvg --with-gconf 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe
 -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4'
 'LDFLAGS=-lMagickWand-6.Q16HDRI -lMagickCore-6.Q16HDRI '
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: PKGBUILD

Minor modes in effect:
  sh-electric-here-document-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Deleting...done
Mark set [4 times]
Mark saved where search started
Making completion list...
[mu4e] Started mu4e with 77 messages in store
[mu4e] Contacts received: 115
(New file)
Mark set
Buffer *draft* modified; kill anyway? (y or n) y
Making completion list...
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tabbar hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emhacks/tabbar
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/hexrgb hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/icicles/hexrgb
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tabbar hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tabbar/tabbar
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tabbar-window hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tabbar/tabbar-window
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/revive hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tabbar/revive
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/one-buffer-one-frame hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tabbar/one-buffer-one-frame
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/aquamacs-tools hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tabbar/aquamacs-tools
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/aquamacs-tabbar hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tabbar/aquamacs-tabbar
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/aquamacs-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tabbar/aquamacs-compat
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-js hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sqlite hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-texinfo hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-scheme hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-picolisp hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-beamer hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-pcomplete hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-dot hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-entities hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-io hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-io
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ditaa hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-docview hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-perl hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sass hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-md hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-md
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-asymptote hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-plantuml hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-comint hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-makefile hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-fortran hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lob hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-octave hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-css hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-table hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-list
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-man hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-man
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-odt hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-odt
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-eshell hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-core hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-core
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-table
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-mscgen hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-html hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-html
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-ctags hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-publish hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-publish
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-keys hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-ascii hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lilypond hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-shen hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-latex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-eval hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-java hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-java
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-capture hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-maxima hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-org hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ledger hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-install
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-screen hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-python hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-matlab hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-scala hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scala
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ocaml hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-macro hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-macro
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-clojure hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ruby hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-org hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-org
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-haskell hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-calc hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-element hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-element
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-tangle hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-info
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-awk hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ref hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sql hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-icalendar hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/net/tramp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-gw hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/net/tramp-gw
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-gvfs hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/net/tramp-gvfs
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-loaddefs hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/trampver hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/net/trampver
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-adb hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/net/tramp-adb
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-cache hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/net/tramp-cache
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-sh hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/net/tramp-sh
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-ftp hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/net/tramp-ftp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-smb hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/net/tramp-smb
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-cmds hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/net/tramp-cmds
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-uu hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/net/tramp-uu
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/net/tramp-compat
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/tq hides /usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug mule-util warnings pkgbuild-mode
sh-script smie executable shell pcomplete misearch multi-isearch
dired-aux server finder-inf paren cus-start cus-load skeleton
preview-latex tex-site auto-loads package aurel url-http tls url-auth
url-gw url-handlers url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap
tabbar easy-mmode quack thingatpt compile cmuscheme scheme haste json
mu-config mu4e mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main
mu4e-view epa derived epg epg-config comint ansi-color ring mu4e-headers
mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 smtpmail auth-source
eieio eieio-core cl-generic byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq
cconv pcase gnus-util time-date password-cache sendmail mu4e-mark
mu4e-message html2text mu4e-proc mu4e-utils doc-view jka-compr
mu4e-lists mu4e-about mu4e-vars message idna cl-macs dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader hl-line cl gv mu4e-meta edmacro kmacro xwidget
advice help-fns image-mode browse-url bookmark pp reporter recentf
tree-widget wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib easymenu tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 233398 29150)
 (symbols 48 32154 1)
 (miscs 40 166 453)
 (strings 32 55553 9485)
 (string-bytes 1 1506765)
 (vectors 16 32387)
 (vector-slots 8 1348582 197270)
 (floats 8 191 273)
 (intervals 56 3431 18)
 (buffers 976 33)
 (heap 1024 69988 1821))