Subject: 25.0.50; tramp-test30-special-characters hangs on Cygwin

From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:21:22 -0400

This is another long-standing problem, but there's an easy fix, which
I'll send in a second message.  (I want to wait until I have a bug
number so that I can make a proper ChangeLog entry.)

The test for the file name " foo\tbar baz\t" hangs on Cygwin, because
Cygwin interprets the backslash as a Windows path separator; see the
section "Forbidden characters in filenames" in
https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html.  Here's an
example outside of emacs:

$ touch "foo\tbar"
touch: cannot touch =E2=80=98foo\\tbar=E2=80=99: No such file or directory

I'll send a patch shortly.

Ken

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.5 (x86_64-unknown-cygwin, GTK+ Version 3.14.9)
  of 2015-03-16 on moufang
Repository revision: 5d9b1e100aa4ddb79471f7ec2347fdb65d6a9a70
Windowing system distributor `The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.11701000
Configured using:
  `configure --without-all --cache-file=3D/tmp/config.cache'