Subject: bug#20118: 25.0.50; tramp-test29-vc-registered aborts on Cygwin

From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 11:59:14 -0400

The outward symptom is almost identical to that of Bug#20117, but I
don't know if the present bug is related, because it's been happening
for as long as I can remember; I just never got around to reporting it.

Test tramp-test29-vc-registered aborted with non-local exit
   ABORTED  30/41  tramp-test29-vc-registered

Aborted: Ran 41 tests, 28 results as expected, 1 skipped (2015-03-16 
11:34:07-0400)

1 skipped results:
   SKIPPED  tramp-test19-directory-files-and-attributes

Error running tests
   backtrace()
   (progn (message "Error running tests") (backtrace))
   (unwind-protect (progn (message "Error running tests") (backtrace)) 
(kill-emacs 2))
   (unwind-protect (let ((stats (ert-run-tests-batch selector))) 
(kill-emacs (if (= 0 (ert-stats-completed-unexpected stats)) 0 1))) 
(unwind-protect (progn (message "Error running tests") (backtrace)) 
(kill-emacs 2)))
   ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit()
   command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "tramp-tests.elc" "-f" 
"ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit"))
   command-line()
   normal-top-level()
Makefile:85: recipe for target 'tramp-tests.log' failed

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.5 (x86_64-unknown-cygwin, GTK+ Version 3.14.9)
  of 2015-03-16 on moufang
Repository revision: 5d9b1e100aa4ddb79471f7ec2347fdb65d6a9a70
Windowing system distributor `The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.11701000
Configured using:
  `configure --without-all --cache-file=/tmp/config.cache'

Configured features:

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio.el: `eieio-object-name-string' is an obsolete 
generic function (as of 25.1); use `eieio-named' instead.
lisp/gnus/auth-source.el: Obsolete name arg "Empty" to constructor 
auth-source-backend

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired desktop frameset edmacro
kmacro format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
eieio-core cl-generic cl-extra seq url-vars mm-view mml-smime smime
password-cache dig mailcap mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev easy-mmode nnheader gnus-util rmail dframe
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail derived rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr cl cl-macs inline cl-loaddefs cl-lib gv pcase
mail-utils time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dynamic-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 302799 13893)
  (symbols 48 22757 0)
  (miscs 40 41 155)
  (strings 32 21421 5642)
  (string-bytes 1 794394)
  (vectors 16 7973)
  (vector-slots 8 378230 25870)
  (floats 8 118 129)
  (intervals 56 186 0)
  (buffers 976 12))