Subject: 25.0.50; focus-out-hook doesn't work w/other emacsclient frame

From: Rasmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 12:38:42 +0100

Hi,

I think focus-out-hook doesn't work as expected when used with other
emacsclient that belong to the same daemon.  Of course I could be
misunderstanding the meaning of "input focus" cf. the docstring.

Try the following.  Start a new emacsclient.  Let's call its first GTK
frame 'A' (informally).  Do

1. Make (new-frame).  Let's call this frame 'B' (informally).
2. Make a new buffer in B and eval:
   (set (make-local-variable (quote focus-out-hook)) (quote delete-frame))
3. Switch focus to frame A.  I do so by clicking on A or using
   Super/M-TAB.  Notice that nothing happens
4. Now try this with another program that's not an emacsclient.  The
   Frame is closed as expected.

The real use case for this is an org-agenda desktop file that I use to
integrate the Org calendar with the system calendar button.

Thanks,
Ramus

GNU Emacs 25.0.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.8) of 2015-02-06 on x200s

-- 
When in doubt, do it!