Subject: Re: bug#20097: 25.0.50; focus-out-hook doesn't work w/other emacsclient frame

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 06:30:44 +0100

Rasmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> I think focus-out-hook doesn't work as expected when used with other
>>> emacsclient that belong to the same daemon.  Of course I could be
>>> misunderstanding the meaning of "input focus" cf. the docstring.
>>
>> `focus-out-hook' is run when focus moved away from Emacs (at least,
>> that's the intention).
>>
>> If you want a hook run when switching between frames, then I think
>> you'll need to catch the `switch-frame' event (yes, this sucks: one is
>> a hook, the other is an event), which is normally handled by
>> handle-switch-frame via a binding in the global-map.
>>
>> So IIUC I think that what you're seeing is not a bug.  But I'm not sure IUC.
>
> Okay.  That's a shame...

Does anyone else have an opinion here?  If I don't hear anything else
within a couple of weeks, I'll assume Stefan Monnier is correct, and
close this as notabug.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas