Subject: Bug report: 24.4; Visual clutter from the fringe on reliably happens when moving the window

From: Peeter Tinits <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 16:47:13 +0200

Dear Emacs admins,

I've encountered a minor bug that may have some recurrence with emacs,
although I suspect that this has much more to do with Windows 7 + graphics
drivers/hardware that I have. I haven't seen this issue with any other
software though.

It is described in more detail here.
http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/9942/visual-clutter-on-the-left-edge

I also have the bug report typed out while there was clutter on the window
on emacs -Q startup, however I don't think it will be very useful. I first
thought it may have something to do with file size, but now it seems that
that is not important.

Many thanks, and keep up the good work!

Peeter

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 24.4; Visual clutter from the fringe on reliably happens when
moving the window
--text follows this line--

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-10-24 on LEG570
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/usr'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ETI
  locale-coding-system: cp1257

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> C-l C-l
C-l C-l C-l C-l C-l C-l C-l <help-echo> <return> <return>
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <return> <return> <return> <return>
<return> <return> <return> <return> <return> SPC SPC
SPC <return> <return> <return> <return> <return> <return>
<return> <return> <return> <return> <return> <return>
<return> <return> <return> <return> SPC SPC SPC SPC
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <tool-bar> <isearch-forward> <help-echo>
<help-echo> M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <r
eturn>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
scroll-bar-toolkit-scroll: End of buffer [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/kasutaja/emacs-24.4/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/flymake hides
c:/Users/kasutaja/emacs-24.4/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/progmodes/flymake

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils misearch multi-isearch time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 75141 7908)
 (symbols 32 17462 0)
 (miscs 32 35 127)
 (strings 16 10717 4466)
 (string-bytes 1 275389)
 (vectors 8 9666)
 (vector-slots 4 386938 6396)
 (floats 8 57 384)
 (intervals 28 279 41)
 (buffers 508 11))