Subject: bug#20084: closed (Re: bug#20084: comint-highlight-prompt overrides ANSI colors in 24.4)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 15:54:03 +0000

Your bug report

#20084: comint-highlight-prompt overrides ANSI colors in 24.4

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20084: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20084
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20084: comint-highlight-prompt overrides ANSI colors in 24.4
From: Wolfgang Jenkner <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 17:01:22 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After 792d44b, things should work as described by the OP.  If this is
not the case, please re-open.  This change is only in the master branch
and has not been back-ported to emacs-24.  So, presumably, 25.1 will be
the first release where this works.

Subject: comint-highlight-prompt overrides ANSI colors in 24.4
From: Charles Tam <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 12:01:38 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In Emacs 24.3, comint-highlight-prompt allows ANSI colors to show through
if it does not specify any colors itself. In Emacs 24.4, it does not, even
if comint-highlight-prompt is the "empty face".

To reproduce, set PS1 to something containing ANSI color codes. M-x shell
(and M-x ansi-color-for-comint-mode-on if necessary). Then use ls --color.
In my case the color in the prompt is ignored, but the output of ls --color
has the expected hues.