Subject: Re: bug#20075: 24.3; json.el functions are recursive

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 02:42:41 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 03/10/2015 11:35 PM, [email-masked] ([email-masked]) wrote:
>> Feature request: rewrite `json.el' so that it doesn't use recursive
>> functions. Emacs doesn't support TCO, therefore invoking `json.el'
>> functions on huge data structures results in stack overflow.
>>
>> For example, I created a ridiculously huge data structure using a
>> function from `dash.el':  ...
>
> Have you seen this to be an actual problem in practice?

There was no response to this.  However, Emacs has in recent years
gotten support for libjansson to parse JSON, so this issue shouldn't be
relevant any more, and I'm closing this bug report.

(And if it is, I think the work-around is to increase max-specpdl-size
around the json.el functions.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no