Subject: 24.4: revive.el: saving variables does not work

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 14:21:41 -0400

Version information:
   Version: 20150110.1819
   $Id: revive.el,v 2.22 2014/04/02 14:25:14 yuuji Exp $
   Last modified Wed Apr  2 23:25:14 2014 on firestorm

The documentation for revive states: "Revive.el can save global or local
variables...". However, this does not work. Looking at the code, it
seems the trouble is that the code at lines 452-454 ...

(setq revive:save-variables-global
      (append revive:save-variables-global-private
              revive:save-variables-global-default))

is performed, only, and immediately, after

(defvar revive:save-variables-global-private nil)  -- line 448

so following the instructions on lines 52-59 will never work.

I do see that variable revive:save-variables-local-private is handled
differently, and is used on line 648. Maybe that should be where the
global variables should be set.

-- 
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0