Subject: bug#20039: jack2: Dangling .so references

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 23:27:20 +0100

[email-masked] (Taylan Ulrich "Bayırlı/Kammer") skribis:

> While looking into another issue, I happened to notice dangling .so
> references in some executables in Guix packages.  This is the first in a
> series of bug reports for each such package.  Some might be false
> positives; Mark suggested I report them all so we have a list to go
> through.  It's also not comprehensive because of course I don't have
> every Guix package installed; the script to go through one's /gnu/store
> to get output such as the following for each package is attached at the
> bottom of this mail.

Nice, thanks the reports (although it’s a bit daunting ;-)).

I think there are two things to do:

  1. Identify the reasons why these things aren’t in the RUNPATH:
     missing -L?  ld-wrapper bug (introduced in last ‘core-updates’?)?

  2. Add a standard phase in gnu-build-system.scm, based on (guix elf),
     that checks whether things in DT_NEEDED can actually be found among
     the directories in DT_RUNPATH, and errors out if not.

Thanks,
Ludo’.