Subject: 25.0.50; (elisp) `Hooks for Loading' not updated correctly

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 09:27:48 -0700 (PDT)

`with-eval-after-load' was introduced for the reasons described in
the bug #13021 report:
http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13021

Unfortunately, when that macro was added the doc for `eval-after-load'
was removed from the Elisp manual.  And yet there are references to it
(and no references to the doc for `with-eval-after-load', which was
added.

Personally, I don't think the doc for `eval-after-load' should have
been removed, but that opinion is primarily a minority one, and it
is beside the point of this bug report.

1. All doc describing `eval-after-load' was removed from the Elisp 
manual.   And doc for `with-eval-after-load' was added (OK).

Unfortunately this paragraph was not updated or removed.  It presumably
applies equally to `with-eval-afer-load':

     Normally, well-designed Lisp programs should not use
  `eval-after-load'.  If you need to examine and set the variables
  defined in another library (those meant for outside use), you can do it
  immediately--there is no need to wait until the library is loaded.  If
  you need to call functions defined by that library, you should load the
  library, preferably with `require' (*note Named Features::).

(Not that that paragraph is very good or particularly sound, IMO.)
But the point here is that it should presumably either be removed or
updated to speak of `with-eval-after-load'.

2. Although the doc describing `eval-after-load' was removed, and
`eval-after-load' was removed from the index, there remain mentions of
`eval-after-load' in the manual, with cross-references to the node that
*used to* describe it, so you can find out more about it (but you
cannot).  Node `Named Features', for example.  And node `Coding
Conventions'.

3. There is no mention of `eval-after-load' or `with-eval-after-load'
in NEWS, AFAICT.

Reporting from this version, but I see the same bug in a build from
2015-02-27.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-10-20 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 118168 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking=yes,glyphs CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'